Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be careful what you wish for 20:10 - Apr 19 with 1042 viewsBeforeyouwereborn

Phil Griffin: "I was a big fan of Yankee football in the 80s and 90s. Never forgot seeing Robert Irsay moving the Baltimore Colts lock stock and barrel to Indianapolis in lorries overnight. He told fans of the team - it’s not your team. It’s my team. Mine and my family’s. He even took the light bulbs.
The price of American Ownership' as expressed on HIGNIFY Facebook page today.
Only saying......
Be careful what you wish for on 20:26 - Apr 19 with 939 viewsbrushhand

what i can't get my head round, is why these english clubs want to give these european clubs a financial leg up.
barca real and inter are in serious financial trouble, why give them 180 million a year.
Be careful what you wish for on 20:30 - Apr 19 with 917 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You're going to be utterly shocked when you read what happened to Wimbledon in England.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Be careful what you wish for on 20:31 - Apr 19 with 908 viewsbluelagos

Be careful what you wish for on 20:26 - Apr 19 by brushhand

what i can't get my head round, is why these english clubs want to give these european clubs a financial leg up.
barca real and inter are in serious financial trouble, why give them 180 million a year.

The English clubs get a chunk of the £3bn as founders plus minimum £250m a year from the ESL. That is guaranteed.

Their motive is financial, not sporting. In fact an owner could spend less on players / wages etc. safe in the knowledge he has a chunk of cash coming in irrespective of performance.

Given the Glaziers history, I'd be worried as a Man U fan of that playing out.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Be careful what you wish for on 20:37 - Apr 19 with 889 viewsbrushhand

Be careful what you wish for on 20:31 - Apr 19 by bluelagos

The English clubs get a chunk of the £3bn as founders plus minimum £250m a year from the ESL. That is guaranteed.

Their motive is financial, not sporting. In fact an owner could spend less on players / wages etc. safe in the knowledge he has a chunk of cash coming in irrespective of performance.

Given the Glaziers history, I'd be worried as a Man U fan of that playing out.

ive made the mistake of thinking this was for sporting glory, when in fact its a franchise.
look forward to united fans from plymouth having a weekend in the big apple.
Be careful what you wish for on 20:40 - Apr 19 with 874 viewsbluelagos

Be careful what you wish for on 20:37 - Apr 19 by brushhand

ive made the mistake of thinking this was for sporting glory, when in fact its a franchise.
look forward to united fans from plymouth having a weekend in the big apple.

Franchise system is basically what they want. Avoid relegation and have guaranteed access to the "big league".

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Be careful what you wish for on 20:53 - Apr 19 with 818 viewsbrushhand

Be careful what you wish for on 20:40 - Apr 19 by bluelagos

Franchise system is basically what they want. Avoid relegation and have guaranteed access to the "big league".

how the hell has it ended up like this, for the last 30 years of my life ive watched these so called big clubs change the laws of the game.
ie passback law, offside, number of subs, squad sizes, revenue from pl.
all in an effort to keep the likes of us and forest and every other club from eating at their table.
well i hope they all choke on it.
in the end i only pay to watch town directly, so they ain't ever getting my money.
Be careful what you wish for on 21:04 - Apr 19 with 770 viewsHARRY10

That's because it is not a sport in the sense other sports are. Which probably explains why after so many attempts and so much money spent it is still only staged in the US.

Some contrived nonsense where a couple of dozen blokes run into each other then an hours break before it happens again. Meanwhile the real focus is on flogging food and drink. That later is the dog, the running about bit the tail.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024