Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's quite sad 07:32 - Apr 24 with 3825 viewshype313

Is that we're seeing people going in early on Cook just so they can win the internet in time, if things go south.

Crying shame that we finally have something we have all been screaming from the rooftops for years about with the new ownership and vision, and ten games in the doomsters are already having misgivings about the manager.

Sir Bob took 13 points from his first 10 games, Burley 10 points from 10 games but everyone at the time gave them the benefit of the doubt, can't understand why Cook isn't given the same given the circumstances around the club and squad.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What's quite sad on 12:07 - Apr 24 with 199 viewsstonojnr

because I guarantee the ones trying the win the internet thing if this little chapter in Towns history goes south again, will be the ones claiming Paul Cook is a footballing genius at the moment that us ungrateful fans are just incapable of seeing his genius right now, not the ones saying hold on lets actually honestly review what he is achieving here and what he is potentially capable of.

and for the record Burley (even Im not old to remember Sir Bobbys early games) was given the free pass on those early results because we were in the Premiership, and we recognised relegation was inevitable because our team just werent good enough to compete at that level, they never gave up though, even losing 9-0 to Man Utd, they didnt just down tools, every game the players did their best to win still, and you could see Burley was changing things, and was consistent in all his interaction with the press, I dont think youd ever have seen Burley congratulate opposition players whilst ignoring his own in any game we lost back then.

Paul Cook is managing a team in League One, a team that should be capable of promotion out of this league so we thought, but which looks more capable of enjoying time in League Two if this trend keeps up next season, and has yet to have had a consistent back to back press conference message, one week he's happy the players are doing their best,the next that none of the team get on the bus with him, then is the demolition man, the next he takes the blame.

I want Cook to be a success, I want Town back in the Championship, I want them back in the Premiership again, but I wont ignore calling out things I think he is doing wrong, and neither should anyone else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024