Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season 13:32 - Apr 25 with 1370 viewsBobbychase

Season tickets - announcement this week?

Any inside info on what the new owners might do? For example, will current ST holders get credit rolled over to next season.

Just watched the CBS podcast with Brett Johnson. Talks a lot about giving tickets away to schools and says he has already spent $400 in the club shop, plus all the owners will be paying for batches of seats they will let others use when they are not there.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:38 - Apr 25 with 1348 viewsSWGF

As I understand it, salary is still linked to turnover in some respect. And season tickets are a big chunk of that income.

So, my question would be, how does any rollover benefit from this season's season tickets affect our income and turnover for next season? If we are, for example, giving away 50% on season tickets is our turnover affected by the same ratio?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:39 - Apr 25 with 1332 viewsBobbychase

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:38 - Apr 25 by SWGF

As I understand it, salary is still linked to turnover in some respect. And season tickets are a big chunk of that income.

So, my question would be, how does any rollover benefit from this season's season tickets affect our income and turnover for next season? If we are, for example, giving away 50% on season tickets is our turnover affected by the same ratio?

Yep. As a current ST holder I'm aiming to renew and I know quite a few who are preparing to get STs for the first time in years now Evans has gone. I don't mind paying the current rate.

If they drop the price a lot I might get two.

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:51 - Apr 25 with 1283 viewsSWGF

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:39 - Apr 25 by Bobbychase

Yep. As a current ST holder I'm aiming to renew and I know quite a few who are preparing to get STs for the first time in years now Evans has gone. I don't mind paying the current rate.

If they drop the price a lot I might get two.

I think my question was more regulatory, and not necessarily Ipswich-specific.

If our owners wanted to to give away season tickets (or sell them for £100 each) they could. They've got the money to not miss that income. However, they *can't* because it will affect their ability to pay wages due to the lack of turnover. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:56 - Apr 25 with 1259 viewsBobbychase

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:51 - Apr 25 by SWGF

I think my question was more regulatory, and not necessarily Ipswich-specific.

If our owners wanted to to give away season tickets (or sell them for £100 each) they could. They've got the money to not miss that income. However, they *can't* because it will affect their ability to pay wages due to the lack of turnover. Or am I misunderstanding something?

I expect behind the scenes, not just at Ipswich, there will be lots of ways owners are looking at spending as much as they can creatively, while still being within the rules.

For example shirt sponsorship. I assume there's nothing stopping the new owners getting a huge deal this summer from one of their affiliates with the promise of perks down the line if we reach the Prem.

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 14:05 - Apr 25 with 1197 viewsITFC_Forever

It will be before 3pm Friday.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 14:05 - Apr 25 with 1193 viewsSWGF

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:56 - Apr 25 by Bobbychase

I expect behind the scenes, not just at Ipswich, there will be lots of ways owners are looking at spending as much as they can creatively, while still being within the rules.

For example shirt sponsorship. I assume there's nothing stopping the new owners getting a huge deal this summer from one of their affiliates with the promise of perks down the line if we reach the Prem.

You're quite right. Also one of the benefits of having a proper CEO in charge rather than a glorified solicitor.

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 14:06 - Apr 25 with 1185 viewsITFC_Jenx

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:56 - Apr 25 by Bobbychase

I mentioned this in an earlier thread. Given that someone else mentioned that sponsorship income goes towards FFP it would make sense for them to go as big as they can on sponsorship.
Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 14:13 - Apr 25 with 1145 viewsDurovigutum

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 13:38 - Apr 25 by SWGF

I can only make half a dozen or so games a season with any reliability, but despite this have considered a season ticket in the past. If the price dropped with their view being "a full stadium has both better atmosphere and commercial outcomes" then I'd sign up me and junior, and almost certainly make the effort to go to more games.
Login to get fewer ads

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 14:18 - Apr 25 with 1127 viewsSWGF

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 14:13 - Apr 25 by Durovigutum

I can only make half a dozen or so games a season with any reliability, but despite this have considered a season ticket in the past. If the price dropped with their view being "a full stadium has both better atmosphere and commercial outcomes" then I'd sign up me and junior, and almost certainly make the effort to go to more games.

That's the balancing act, isn't it? 10000 paying £400 each at the moment. It doesn't necessarily follow that 20000 will pay £200 each.

And then you've got the increased staffing cost for match day (stewarding, etc). But against this you've got the potential increase in matchday revenue. It's all got to be be weighed up.

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 15:35 - Apr 25 with 997 viewsIllinoisblue

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 14:05 - Apr 25 by ITFC_Forever

It will be before 3pm Friday.

At the risk of being whoooshed, why is that time/date significant?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 16:53 - Apr 25 with 888 viewsJ2BLUE

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 15:35 - Apr 25 by Illinoisblue

At the risk of being whoooshed, why is that time/date significant?

Social media boycott starts then. Until 23:59 Monday.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season on 17:01 - Apr 25 with 852 viewsHarryB

greyhound can you give a specifc minute lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024