Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any art enthusiasts/collectors? 17:10 - Apr 25 with 901 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I’ve been looking for a feature piece for a while and have found a painting I love but it’s not an original. It’s one of a limited edition of 45 hand embellished giclée prints on canvass so it looks like one. The original has been previously sold. The artist seems to sell all their oeuvres like this i.e. the original plus 45 such prints.
Do prints hold their value like originals do?
These framed prints are priced at 50% of the price of the original. Is that normal?
Thanks
Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 17:19 - Apr 25 with 860 viewsChondzoresk

I’m in the fine art business. More Moorcroft pottery for me and general antiques.
These type of prints were originally called Oleographs in the late 19th century and were there to look like an oil painting should. Today called Giclee prints as you so rightly say. For me a recent print is a niche market.

I often have LR Squirrell prints or etchings as I cannot afford or buy reasonably an original watercolour by this fine Ipswich artist.

So, if you like what you have and fits in to your life then so much the better. Prints only hold their price if it’s by a reputable artist. Be careful, do your research please. PM me if I can help further.

Chondzoresk.
Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 18:27 - Apr 25 with 803 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 17:19 - Apr 25 by Chondzoresk

I’m in the fine art business. More Moorcroft pottery for me and general antiques.
These type of prints were originally called Oleographs in the late 19th century and were there to look like an oil painting should. Today called Giclee prints as you so rightly say. For me a recent print is a niche market.

I often have LR Squirrell prints or etchings as I cannot afford or buy reasonably an original watercolour by this fine Ipswich artist.

So, if you like what you have and fits in to your life then so much the better. Prints only hold their price if it’s by a reputable artist. Be careful, do your research please. PM me if I can help further.

Chondzoresk.

Thanks. Have PM’d you.
Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:04 - Apr 25 with 772 views66notout

Chondzoresk.

Hope you don’t mind me asking but I have several originals by the Suffolk artist Michael Coulter and would be interested in selling, but don’t know where I can put them on the market. Thank you.
[Redacted] on 19:11 - Apr 25 with 764 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:14 - Apr 25 with 750 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chondzoresk.

Is Jelly Green still a hip young thing...won one of her cow pictures in a village raffle!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:20 - Apr 25 with 726 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 19:11 - Apr 25 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I was going to suggest they ask you.

Victory is the man!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

[Redacted] on 19:23 - Apr 25 with 714 viewsvictorywilhappen

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:20 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

I was going to suggest they ask you.

Victory is the man!

[Redacted]
Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:26 - Apr 25 with 681 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

[Redacted] on 19:23 - Apr 25 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

You've seen Noel Fielding's stuff then!

Login to get fewer ads

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:30 - Apr 25 with 674 viewsLord_Lucan

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:26 - Apr 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

I have a Victorywillhappen original

It is quite something!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:33 - Apr 25 with 666 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:30 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

I have a Victorywillhappen original

It is quite something!

Anywhere to get a sneaky peak without infringing on anonimity?

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:38 - Apr 25 with 648 viewsLord_Lucan

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:33 - Apr 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'll PM you a pic if it's ok with VWH - but I'm not near it at present.

[Redacted] on 19:48 - Apr 25 with 630 viewsvictorywilhappen

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:33 - Apr 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

[Redacted]
Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:50 - Apr 25 with 621 viewsSouthBucksBlue

[Redacted] on 19:11 - Apr 25 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Yes. Understood. Thanks
[Redacted] on 19:59 - Apr 25 with 592 viewsvictorywilhappen

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:26 - Apr 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 20:02 - Apr 25 with 580 viewsvictorywilhappen

Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 19:38 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

I'll PM you a pic if it's ok with VWH - but I'm not near it at present.

[Redacted]
Any art enthusiasts/collectors? on 21:42 - Apr 25 with 505 viewsazuremerlangus

Prints are OK - but very rarely gain any value so don’t buy one for just investment purposes.

I have a few originals of one particular artist that my local art shop helped me source. I now get a heads-up when new works are available and before they end up on public show/sale.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024