Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a season 20:07 - May 9 with 709 viewsgreyhound

Feels like every emotion has been encountered this year.

From 100 points 100 goals, HMS p1s5 the league at the beggining to paul Lamberts shambolic presses, Paul cooks inability to raise a performance, the takeover, Ed sheeran coming on board, the excitement of the januarary loans, the dissapointment of what the majority of those loans turned out to be, and every little thing in between.

Were not done yet, in the coming weeks the squad will be disassembled and thrown on the pile, that same pile where we wi assemble the next batch of hopefuls from.

The youth team have a unique opportunity to shine a light on the club as well.

There's a lot to be positive about, we're in a unique situation, but as has been proven success next year isnt a given, a bumpy ride may be ahead of us. It just feels good to be able to forget a good portion of what's gone before but take some of that good stuff forward and hopefully give the foundations for success.

So here's me raising a virtual glass to all on here, another one done, thanks for the company, and the laughs... Let's get at em
What a season on 20:10 - May 9 with 679 viewsFunge

TBF you and Muncher provided the most positive piece of news in several seasons; thanks for that.

Fck this season; next year is going to be a great deal better for a fair few reasons, I think.

Up the Yoof.
What a season on 20:26 - May 9 with 619 viewsChurchman

It has been an odd one hasn’t it. The middle of the season where we lost 6 of 8 home league games without a whimper was probably the worst bit. Not helped by PL spouting drivel and bringing in a parade of unfathomable loanees. I thought and stated he’d be here for the full 5 years. Doom. No time off for good behaviour, just a question of when League 2 would be upon us.

Then it all changed. Lambert: goodbye! Cook: Hello! Takeover: Not happening, Takeover: Done. Evans goodbye! Euphoria and the playoffs beckoned. Errrr, no playoffs. Barely a goal. Just the wind of change blowing through the creaky old pile. Chairman, CEO, Sheeran’s shirt deal goes around the world, youth team success, players leaving, Chambers staying, Chambers going ........3 goals at home in 30 mins! The oddest season I can remember.

So here’s to the next instalment, just about to start! Heck, they may even buy a new toilet duck.
What a season on 20:36 - May 9 with 597 viewsRonFearonsHair

What a season on 20:26 - May 9 by Churchman

It has been an odd one hasn’t it. The middle of the season where we lost 6 of 8 home league games without a whimper was probably the worst bit. Not helped by PL spouting drivel and bringing in a parade of unfathomable loanees. I thought and stated he’d be here for the full 5 years. Doom. No time off for good behaviour, just a question of when League 2 would be upon us.

Then it all changed. Lambert: goodbye! Cook: Hello! Takeover: Not happening, Takeover: Done. Evans goodbye! Euphoria and the playoffs beckoned. Errrr, no playoffs. Barely a goal. Just the wind of change blowing through the creaky old pile. Chairman, CEO, Sheeran’s shirt deal goes around the world, youth team success, players leaving, Chambers staying, Chambers going ........3 goals at home in 30 mins! The oddest season I can remember.

So here’s to the next instalment, just about to start! Heck, they may even buy a new toilet duck.

Evans actually decided to tell us all to be careful what we wished for, then apologised when he realised how misjudged it was. Part of me wonders if that was a catalyst that further swayed him towards feeling that he had had enough.
What a season on 21:01 - May 9 with 525 viewsgreyhound

What a season on 20:36 - May 9 by RonFearonsHair

Evans actually decided to tell us all to be careful what we wished for, then apologised when he realised how misjudged it was. Part of me wonders if that was a catalyst that further swayed him towards feeling that he had had enough.

I forgot all about that moment. Looking back that's possibly the weirdest comment imaginable considering all that has followed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024