Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently 19:39 - May 15 with 9217 viewsreusersfreekicks

but 3 championship clubs seem to think he is good enough for them.
What do they know?
Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:13 - May 18 with 499 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:09 - May 18 by jayessess

Yeah, he's created way more than people have finished off, according to his xA. His play should have led to 5 or 6 assists over the course of the season, and generally players overshoot their xA apparently.

Interesting (this is a reply to Dan too).

I don't really remember many amazing passes this past season that should've been finished off, but then again I do remember thinking "excellent pass by Dozzell" now and again. Guess I've just never joined up the dots and thought of that as an 'expected assist.' I don't doubt the stats so that's quite interesting. And also my memory's sh!t at times.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:16 - May 18 with 484 viewsDanTheMan

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:13 - May 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't really remember many amazing passes this past season that should've been finished off, but then again I do remember thinking "excellent pass by Dozzell" now and again. Guess I've just never joined up the dots and thought of that as an 'expected assist.' I don't doubt the stats so that's quite interesting. And also my memory's sh!t at times.

I thought he should have got more assists than he did, but I didn't realise quite how far ahead of the average he was.

I'm guessing secondary assist is when he passed to the player who actually sets up the goal. That does actually ring true to me.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:18 - May 18 with 478 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:16 - May 18 by DanTheMan

I thought he should have got more assists than he did, but I didn't realise quite how far ahead of the average he was.

I'm guessing secondary assist is when he passed to the player who actually sets up the goal. That does actually ring true to me.

I'd hate to have the job of counting all these during a game. And a fair few would be open to interpretation I'd say.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:20 - May 18 with 471 viewsjayessess

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:13 - May 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

Think it's very difficult to filter all the information you get over the course of a season watching your team, to be fair!

We were much more efficient off Gwion's passes than Dozz's. He set up 22 shots for 4 assists, Dozzell set up 53 shots and got just 1 measly assist from it.

Although I wonder how much being a regular on set pieces affects both the shot count and the quality of shots created.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:22 - May 18 with 451 viewsjayessess

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:16 - May 18 by DanTheMan

Yeah, "pre-assists" they're sometimes called. I think it's one of the big underlying stats that the data analysis recruiters like, because it goes under the radar a bit but is actually quite a good way of measuring how someone influences the play.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 16:23]

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:24 - May 18 with 443 viewsjayessess

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:18 - May 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd hate to have the job of counting all these during a game. And a fair few would be open to interpretation I'd say.

The secondary assists is actual rather than expected, so you'd only have to count 46 for us this season!

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:31 - May 18 with 412 viewsDanTheMan

Dozzell not good enough for us apparently on 16:18 - May 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

Quite interesting how it is done:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-people-tracking-every-touch-pass-and-ta

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024