Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I suppose an apt day for an update…. 18:24 - Jun 20 with 831 viewsNewcyBlue

I got home mid April, receiving a text message a week later telling me that I had been in contact with somebody who had tested positive for Covid. Giving me an instruction to self isolate for 36 hours (that was the end of the self isolation period after being in contact with said person). I had flown home from Montevideo, Uruguay. Had a bit of a journey getting home.

We decided that we would isolate when I got home despite being exempt. I took lateral flow tests and all showed negative. The person I was in contact with had been on one of the many flights I had been on or an airport.

The twins just grow and grow. MrsN has done an incredible job. Seb was a bit of a pain when I first got home, his mum didn’t help.

At the end of April I ventured north to Scotland to collect my fathers ashes. I saw some family, heard some things about my father. That was all a bit of a mess too, the man that took care of my fathers funeral and estate passed away whilst I was at sea. I had no way of getting in contact with his family.

Getting that sorted was a bit more stressful than it should have been.

So, the kids…

Seb - he has been a bit of a pain, kept refusing to stay the night. I never made him, but I did tell him that he couldn’t pick and choose. His mum disagreed…. Until she wanted to go away for a weekend. Then she decided that he had to stay with me. I said to her that she couldn’t pick and choose either. That’s seemed to have resolved it b

He’s doing ok in school, although he doesn’t try very hard. His mum has given him far too much screen time during the lockdown.

He’s still a wonderful little boy, who I am just having to be a bit firmer with when it comes to screen time and exercise, and sweets…

Madeleine - my little girl. She has grown. She’s just utterly beautiful. Her smile and laugh make me want to cry with happiness every time. She has started chatting away in the baby babble lately. She finds stuff so funny too. I love cuddling her. She’s sitting up, and doesn’t like being on her belly. But she is standing and trying to take steps. She’s going to walk before she crawls!

Michael - he laughs at everything, he is so relaxed. He still has a few reflux issues. A surgeon consultant is seeing him towards the end of the year for hypospadias. He has no interest in sitting up, or standing. But he will cuddle for hours if his mam would let me! His excitement to see me in the morning absolutely lights up my world. I love my mornings with them both.

Maddie and Michael had no centile when they were born, as they were almost 2 months premature. They’ve both tanked on weight despite the cows milk protein allergy. Both of them are fantastic eaters, we cook for them every day. I’ve got the oven on for making vegan pesto pinwheels as finger food for them right now. We are just starting them on the milk ladder, which introduces cows milk into their diets.

I’ve been called back to sea for 13th July, which is a shame. But I can’t stay much longer in the country due to tax reasons. I’ve been requested back to my last ship, they want me back, I put in a lot of work there, I will go back.

As for all things ITFC… an exciting future lies ahead.

There are many on here who have helped me in many ways, helping me become the man and father that I am.

Obviously Hoppy is in my thoughts today, CT would be proud.

I’ve been lucky enough to meet many on here, all who I am looking forward to the twins calling Uncle Mullet, Uncle Hoppy, etc.

I’m exhausted. Three kids. Plus me. Poor MrsN.

All the best TWTD, look after you each other. I’ll see you soon.

Happy Fathers Day, and Happy Summer Solstice for tomorrow. Enjoy the longest day!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I suppose an apt day for an update…. on 18:42 - Jun 20 with 700 viewshoppy

Oops. Accidentally managed to down vote when trying to zoom in.

I’d already up voted, so just put that down to clumsy.

(Either that or the Proper Job I’m currently enjoying influenced by another thread!)

All the best.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024