Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cracking 06:22 - Jul 4 with 1097 viewspowinswitch

Very professional performance. Controlled, with the early goal allowing us to retain possession, and burst forward (albeit rarely in the first half), and move the ball quickly to create good opportunities. Team was well organised, and generally disciplined. My only concern is the right side of our defence. Check out where the bulk of the opposition opportunities came from in the last 2 games. The three team left in the contest will identify that. But a momentum is building here. Well done to Gareth and the players.
Cracking on 07:59 - Jul 4 with 1035 viewsbluestandard

Yep 4+ right backs and it still looks like the weakest area of the team! Great performance though and couldn’t be happier that GS, one of the genuine good guys in the game is having such success.
Cracking on 08:24 - Jul 4 with 1000 viewsfloridaboy

Agree. Walker kept leaving so much space.

But one of the best team performances over 90 minutes I have seen for a while.

Same starting eleven for Wednesday. Wasn't overly impressed with Denmark!
Cracking on 08:39 - Jul 4 with 973 viewspowinswitch

Cracking on 08:24 - Jul 4 by floridaboy

Equally, when we score, and it s from open play, it’s been coming down our left. The interesting thing there is that again the opposition will identify that. Which may create opportunities through the middle or on the right. GS and the staff will realise that, and I am confident we have the attacking options across the pitch to exploit any gaps if teams try to particularly counter our threat down the left.

Don’t know if he will start the same 11. He has mixed things up well. But whilst I have real concerns about Walker, I couldn’t argue if he did stick with it
Cracking on 08:45 - Jul 4 with 966 viewsOldboy

He will probably change a few and formation. Most Prem like side we will face, so expect an easy 2-0 win regardless of who he picks. Bring on the Spanish in the final. I have emailed my selection to Gareth, just incase he is struggling to work it out.
Cracking on 09:55 - Jul 4 with 884 viewsFtnfwest

They played well and once refreshed by the half time break took it to Ukraine. First half when we didn’t have the ball was more than a bit worrying but Wednesday likely to be a bit more of an open game I reckon. Sterling’s best game of the tournament, actually passed the ball a lot more and the back heel to shaw for the cross was outstanding.
Cracking on 10:00 - Jul 4 with 871 viewsGuthrum

And yet ... even with that slight defensive weakness, we are still the only team in the tournament not to have conceded a single goal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cracking on 10:10 - Jul 4 with 841 viewspowinswitch

Cracking on 10:00 - Jul 4 by Guthrum

And yet ... even with that slight defensive weakness, we are still the only team in the tournament not to have conceded a single goal.

Can’t argue with that. Fair point. But you can learn by looking at the manner of the performance. But your point is unarguable
Cracking on 10:16 - Jul 4 with 828 viewsGuthrum

Cracking on 10:10 - Jul 4 by powinswitch

Can’t argue with that. Fair point. But you can learn by looking at the manner of the performance. But your point is unarguable

Always room for improvement, until the tounament is won.

Denmark and potentially Spain/Italy will be even tougher challenges, with their more dangerous attacks, less reliant on the brilliance of one individual.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Cracking on 10:20 - Jul 4 with 813 viewssolemio

Cracking on 08:45 - Jul 4 by Oldboy

He will probably change a few and formation. Most Prem like side we will face, so expect an easy 2-0 win regardless of who he picks. Bring on the Spanish in the final. I have emailed my selection to Gareth, just incase he is struggling to work it out.

Gareth has asked me to pass on his grateful thanks to you.
Cracking on 11:00 - Jul 4 with 771 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Denmark were playing against a much better team than Ukraine, who must rank as the worst side ever to reach the last eight of the European Champioonship.

Ukraine beat North Macedonia, lost to Netherlands and Austria and beat ten men Sweden in the last minute of extra-time.

I predict an England v Italy final with Italy winning. However wee need to remember Denmark beat England 1-0 at Wembley last year and it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if they did so again.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Cracking on 11:21 - Jul 4 with 736 viewsIpswichKnight

Italy if VAR wasn’t around would be out they’d have lost 1-0 to Austria who are arguably worse than Ukraine. They are slow and very immobile at the back and would struggle against our front 3 as will all the teams left in the competition.

Denmark are a good side but we shouldn’t fear them they got blown away in the 2nd half against Belgium who passed and bullied them off the pitch.

Luckily we have a very good coach who is grounded and will have a plan to suit playing against Denmark. Do the Danes know what formation or players we will pick? Must be hard for them as they won’t know what formation and what players until an hour before kickoff.

Be confident but respectful!
Cracking on 11:49 - Jul 4 with 704 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Cracking on 11:21 - Jul 4 by IpswichKnight

Italy if VAR wasn’t around would be out they’d have lost 1-0 to Austria who are arguably worse than Ukraine. They are slow and very immobile at the back and would struggle against our front 3 as will all the teams left in the competition.

Denmark are a good side but we shouldn’t fear them they got blown away in the 2nd half against Belgium who passed and bullied them off the pitch.

Luckily we have a very good coach who is grounded and will have a plan to suit playing against Denmark. Do the Danes know what formation or players we will pick? Must be hard for them as they won’t know what formation and what players until an hour before kickoff.

Be confident but respectful!

Austria defeated Ukraine. And were the better side against Italy during the 90 minutes.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Cracking on 13:51 - Jul 4 with 634 viewsIllinoisblue

Cracking on 11:00 - Jul 4 by The_Last_Baron

Denmark were playing against a much better team than Ukraine, who must rank as the worst side ever to reach the last eight of the European Champioonship.

Ukraine beat North Macedonia, lost to Netherlands and Austria and beat ten men Sweden in the last minute of extra-time.

I predict an England v Italy final with Italy winning. However wee need to remember Denmark beat England 1-0 at Wembley last year and it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if they did so again.

That is true but let’s not pretend the Czechs are a decent side. Bang average.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024