Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) 22:49 - Aug 12 with 1595 viewsDeano69

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 02:18 - Aug 13 with 1509 viewsIllinoisblue

No but have a couple of friends who do. They spend a long time deliberating on which flavored pellets to use.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 2:18]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 08:27 - Aug 13 with 1382 viewsDeano69

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 02:18 - Aug 13 by Illinoisblue

No but have a couple of friends who do. They spend a long time deliberating on which flavored pellets to use.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 2:18]

Lol. I hadn’t realised how ‘technical’ it was all going to be to cook stuff. A real anoraks BBQ.

Was going to ask for tips and recommendations.

That said, I was getting a bit bored with burgers, hotdogs and the odd steak so when it was mentioned these do amazing ribs, chicken and brisket it was a matter of ‘take my money’. I had forgot I would actually need to cook them though.

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 10:22 - Aug 13 with 1318 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 08:27 - Aug 13 by Deano69

Lol. I hadn’t realised how ‘technical’ it was all going to be to cook stuff. A real anoraks BBQ.

Was going to ask for tips and recommendations.

That said, I was getting a bit bored with burgers, hotdogs and the odd steak so when it was mentioned these do amazing ribs, chicken and brisket it was a matter of ‘take my money’. I had forgot I would actually need to cook them though.

Yeah much more involved than slapping some meat on the grill. Though I think the more expensive models, you can control temp via app on your phone .

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 13:42 - Aug 13 with 1263 viewsDeano69

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 10:22 - Aug 13 by Illinoisblue

Yeah much more involved than slapping some meat on the grill. Though I think the more expensive models, you can control temp via app on your phone .

Being a gadget freak that particular feature swayed me.... Sad I know, a BBQ connected to Wifi, jeeeez!!

Been doing some more YouTube watching etc. These guys are not just anoraks, they are absolute obsessed over it. Discussion and forums over every element of it. Meet up's, competitions, cook outs..

You wouldnt catch me getting obsessed over something as basic as this and joining forums, going to meet ups.....

er ohhh... hmm

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 14:02 - Aug 13 with 1241 viewsVic

No, but This summer I’ve been smoking on my Weber master-touch. Enjoying using different woods, brickets and lump wood, as well as experimenting with dry rubs. Got myself a bluetooth thermometer - makes a huge difference.

All in all it’s great fun! Did my first 8hr pork shoulder a couple of weeks ago. Hmmm - gorgeous.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 14:14 - Aug 13 with 1217 viewsDeano69

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 14:02 - Aug 13 by Vic

No, but This summer I’ve been smoking on my Weber master-touch. Enjoying using different woods, brickets and lump wood, as well as experimenting with dry rubs. Got myself a bluetooth thermometer - makes a huge difference.

All in all it’s great fun! Did my first 8hr pork shoulder a couple of weeks ago. Hmmm - gorgeous.

I am attempting 3-2-1 ribs this weekend, hence finding about 3 million ways to cook them...

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 15:26 - Aug 13 with 1165 viewsVic

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 14:14 - Aug 13 by Deano69

I am attempting 3-2-1 ribs this weekend, hence finding about 3 million ways to cook them...

It’s mesmerizing isn’t it - but fascinating and fun! I’m finding that my kettle always needs longer than people say. I think that’s because I’ve found I end up cooking/smoking at a lower temp than suggested. I was pretty chuffed that apart from an hour or so when temp dropped to about 180 I managed to get a constant 225-250 for the whole cook. I’ll have it hotter next time!

What wood have you used? I’ve tried oak and Alder so far. Really liking the alder.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 20:19 - Aug 13 with 1096 viewsDeano69

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 15:26 - Aug 13 by Vic

It’s mesmerizing isn’t it - but fascinating and fun! I’m finding that my kettle always needs longer than people say. I think that’s because I’ve found I end up cooking/smoking at a lower temp than suggested. I was pretty chuffed that apart from an hour or so when temp dropped to about 180 I managed to get a constant 225-250 for the whole cook. I’ll have it hotter next time!

What wood have you used? I’ve tried oak and Alder so far. Really liking the alder.

I have the Traeger Signature pellets for general cooking but have got Cherry to use on Brisket when I get brave enough.

So far I have only seasoned it. First cook tomorrow. My rack of ribs with belly on there too was £27, not sure what the others will be eating... got a pizza stone for it too.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 23:27 - Aug 13 with 1040 viewsEly_Blue

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 20:19 - Aug 13 by Deano69

I have the Traeger Signature pellets for general cooking but have got Cherry to use on Brisket when I get brave enough.

So far I have only seasoned it. First cook tomorrow. My rack of ribs with belly on there too was £27, not sure what the others will be eating... got a pizza stone for it too.

I’d give the pizza stone a swerve if I were you.

Wood fired pizza is only good if you can get your stone to around 450c and get flames rolling over the top of it, otherwise you’re better off with the frying pan pizza method in your kitchen indoors (look it up, it’s a real thing. Pizza pilgrims sell kits)

I have/had a kamado grill and even with the pizza stone on the top rack with a rolling flame underneath it can’t replicate the true wood fired pizza, primarily because with the bbq method you have to open the lid to turn/view your pizza and poof all of your heat is gone in an instant

As for the smoker, I’ve never had the patience to try one but it’s all about temperature consistency particularly with something like a Boston butt as the internal temperature can stall on you and ruin your pulled pork.

My method on ribs fwiw is 36 hour sous vide with a good rub and then on the bbq for 15-20 mins mopped with a hood bbq sauce such as bullseye or sweet baby rays

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 06:34 - Aug 14 with 963 viewswkj

I am a bit of a fan of smoking myself, and all I can say is it gets EXPENSIVE if you don't have a good seal. Cheap smokers are not always good smokers.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 08:47 - Aug 14 with 887 viewsDeano69

Anyone on here use a Traeger Smoker? (n/t) on 23:27 - Aug 13 by Ely_Blue

I’d give the pizza stone a swerve if I were you.

Wood fired pizza is only good if you can get your stone to around 450c and get flames rolling over the top of it, otherwise you’re better off with the frying pan pizza method in your kitchen indoors (look it up, it’s a real thing. Pizza pilgrims sell kits)

I have/had a kamado grill and even with the pizza stone on the top rack with a rolling flame underneath it can’t replicate the true wood fired pizza, primarily because with the bbq method you have to open the lid to turn/view your pizza and poof all of your heat is gone in an instant

As for the smoker, I’ve never had the patience to try one but it’s all about temperature consistency particularly with something like a Boston butt as the internal temperature can stall on you and ruin your pulled pork.

My method on ribs fwiw is 36 hour sous vide with a good rub and then on the bbq for 15-20 mins mopped with a hood bbq sauce such as bullseye or sweet baby rays

I must admit, the pizza stone was a last minute thought. I had every intention of a pizza oven but virtually no stock around. With pellet smokers there is no flame and the little touch of burnt bits is the reason for doing it really.

The advice with the smoker was to buy the best we could afford as the cheap ones won’t really produce the results you expect.

36 hour ribs sound great.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024