Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives & Negatives 10:43 - Aug 18 with 656 viewsBlueBlood90

POSITIVES:

- Burgess impressed me at the back. Looked assured and won everything in the air. Bailed Hladky out many times with the long throws when he came out flapping thin air.

- Kyle Edwards looks absolutely class. I haven't seen us have a wide player who can run at defenders the way he did last night in years. He was clearly tired after 65 mins though so I'm surprised he lasted the full 90.

- Pigott looked good and held the ball up well. I think he really needs a goal to give him some added confidence and he'll come good.

NEGATIVES:

- As earlier mentioned, Hladky looked pretty awful last night in my opinion. Set the tone with a misplaced pass which put us under pressure in the first minute and they nearly scored from the long throw. He came no where close to gathering one of those long throws all night and heavily depended on Burgess to head it away.

- Woolfenden's lack of composure on the ball. I lost count of how many times he stopped looking for a pass and aimlessly hoofed it up the park to nobody.

- Scott Fraser was supposed to be one of the best number 10s in the league and he's being dumped out wide even though we have about 10 wide players in the squad who could be more effective there. He has to play centrally and looked lost last night.

- One of my biggest negatives from last night and the previous few games is Paul Cook purely because he seems to leave it far too late before making any substitutions. After 60-65 minutes we were crying out for some fresh legs and we looked so flat but still never changed things until it was too late.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Positives & Negatives on 10:47 - Aug 18 with 613 viewsWallingford_Boy

Disagree on Woolfie, thought it was a solid commanding performance.

He was constantly being dragged over to cover for Donacian, but had a much more solid game.

Two CBs looked good, two full backs.... not so much!

RIP Sir Bobby

Positives & Negatives on 10:54 - Aug 18 with 553 viewsBlueBlood90

Positives & Negatives on 10:47 - Aug 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Disagree on Woolfie, thought it was a solid commanding performance.

He was constantly being dragged over to cover for Donacian, but had a much more solid game.

Two CBs looked good, two full backs.... not so much!

That's a fair comment and It was certainly Wolf's best performance of the season so far in defensive terms (which is ultimately what he's there for). lt was just frustrating that he could've played an easy 5 yard pass to a midfielder but clattered it to nobody regularly and gave possession away. That could also be down to a lack of confidence or Cook telling him to stop trying to play out from the back after being caught out against Morecambe.

The other negative I forgot to include was Lee Evans' lack of discipline. He's been steaming into challenges even when he's on a yellow card. Could've easily been sent off twice already this season.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Positives & Negatives on 11:08 - Aug 18 with 498 viewsitfcsuth

Agree on all positives.

However, I am not Woolfenden's biggest fan, but he was fine last night, absolutely fine.

It is highly frustrating whatever the reason for Cook moving away from his preferred 4-2-3-1 formula. We look like we lack any real attacking ideas or cohesion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024