Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unusual military aircraft regularly about here over past 3 weeks or so 21:58 - Aug 24 with 2068 viewsRyorry

Always in last couple of hours of daylight here in N. Yorks, flying pretty low - no more than 400 feet up. Usually a pair flying together. Have there been similar in Suffolk? Mostly looking like this -

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/19271520.strange-aircraft-spotted-herefordshi

But another this eve looking like a more conventional small military mono-plane with propellers - I think just one on each side - looking a bit more like this but in military grey -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_C-23_Sherpa

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Unusual military aircraft regularly about here over past 3 weeks or so on 16:26 - Aug 25 with 287 viewsTIB

Unusual military aircraft regularly about here over past 3 weeks or so on 22:21 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

Eeek - did the pilot survive?

First time seen oop 'ere - anything to do with Afghanistan maybe?

I think most the US Aircraft involved are the Globemaster's and they're stopping in Rammstein with refugees rather than Mildenhall. Ospreys as mentioned more for special forces, quick in and out jobs with limited space for landing etc. Very cool pieces of kit.

* I'm a bit of a plane geek / old man was in USAF.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 16:30]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Unusual military aircraft regularly about here over past 3 weeks or so on 20:45 - Aug 25 with 244 viewsMJallday

Unusual military aircraft regularly about here over past 3 weeks or so on 22:18 - Aug 24 by Guthrum

Used to see the Ospreys at Mildenhall a few years ago.

Took them a while to get the stability right ...

They fly over me on a daily basis - Well not me specifically, I’m not a person of interest

I just happen to live near the sas

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024