Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hopefully this afternoon is better than the last time we played Bolton at PR 09:21 - Sep 11 with 551 viewsSteve_M

That turgid 0-0 draw under Hurst, most of it played against ten men, really epitomised just how much of a mess we were in. The worst game of a dreadful season in my opinion.

Still three years on everything is going so much better, or it will if we get a bloody win. We just have to win today, simple as that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hopefully this afternoon is better than the last time we played Bolton at PR on 09:24 - Sep 11 with 530 viewsDubtractor

Oh christ, I'd forgotten that.

That was the game where I realised Hurst was miles out of his depth. We barely got a shot off against an already terrible Bolton team, down to 10 men from early on.

I don't tend to 'go early' with my view on managers and players, but for Hurst I definitely did!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hopefully this afternoon is better than the last time we played Bolton at PR on 09:27 - Sep 11 with 522 viewswkj

Today will either be feast or famine - that is what it feels like.

Given the situation Bolton were in, they have come back with a pretty admirable team and manager in a short time.

For the mental factor though, a loss today will hit the team hard. Two weeks to rue the result of the last game and to get mentally fired up for this one - I hope it works out for them as this waiting for the season to start nonsense has gone on long enough.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hopefully this afternoon is better than the last time we played Bolton at PR on 09:41 - Sep 11 with 471 viewsCoastalblue

That game was the one for me at the time too, absolutely dire and convinced me that he was never going to do anything good with us.

I'm not sure I'd have believed what was to follow if you told me then though.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Hopefully this afternoon is better than the last time we played Bolton at PR on 10:00 - Sep 11 with 423 viewsstevec7

I went up from Penzance for that! I think if my memory serves me right Boltons player was sent off for bringing down Kayden Jackson?
Hopefully this afternoon is better than the last time we played Bolton at PR on 10:09 - Sep 11 with 407 viewsLankHenners

Ah yes. That was the game where the only bit of urgency came from Walters off the bench who about 5 mins later did his hamstring and left us with 10 men as well. Feels like splitting hairs trying to work out the worst performance that season but that was certainly right up there.

Winning today won’t suddenly solve everything but we can’t afford to keep not winning for much longer otherwise we’ll have too much ground to make up.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hopefully this afternoon is better than the last time we played Bolton at PR on 13:31 - Sep 11 with 284 viewsParisBlue

Hopefully this afternoon is better than the last time we played Bolton at PR on 10:09 - Sep 11 by LankHenners

Ah yes. That was the game where the only bit of urgency came from Walters off the bench who about 5 mins later did his hamstring and left us with 10 men as well. Feels like splitting hairs trying to work out the worst performance that season but that was certainly right up there.

Winning today won’t suddenly solve everything but we can’t afford to keep not winning for much longer otherwise we’ll have too much ground to make up.

Wasn't at the Bolton game but QPR at home was worsesurely?

The playoff aside I've only ever seen us lose when playing Bolton at PR. We regularly seemed to lose to them under Burley (the Greek bald headed bloke scoring in the last minute after we'd been all over them springs to mind). You'll be pleased to know I'll not be there today...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024