Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Quest journalist that Cook was rude to on Tuesday will be smiling today 11:50 - Oct 3 with 707 viewspatrickswell

and rightly so. Cook set himself up for yesterday the moment he chose to react like a belligerent idiot to the facts about how poor he’s been. And inevitably it came back to bite him.

Morsy’s cimmemts seem to indicate that we’ve replaced one squad of gutless losers with another lot, except this bunch won’t see the top half of League One like the last lot.
That Quest journalist that Cook was rude to on Tuesday will be smiling today on 11:59 - Oct 3 with 655 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I doubt it.

The journalist is supposedly a Town fan. No Town fan will be smiling about yesterday.

No journalist wants a battle with a manager either. No winners from this.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That Quest journalist that Cook was rude to on Tuesday will be smiling today on 12:18 - Oct 3 with 611 viewswaveneyblue

You love it don't you ? Sitting there all smug because we lost yesterday.
That Quest journalist that Cook was rude to on Tuesday will be smiling today on 12:40 - Oct 3 with 546 viewspatrickswell

That Quest journalist that Cook was rude to on Tuesday will be smiling today on 12:18 - Oct 3 by waveneyblue

You love it don't you ? Sitting there all smug because we lost yesterday.

No, the reality is that by the end of last season, my enthusiasm for the club was at the lowest ebb it has been in 35 years of supporting Town (thanks Marcus). I took Cook’s side in the debate over whether it was his fault or the players fault that those final 16 games were so poor. I’d never seen a Town side whose performance and body language made it clear that this was their job and nothing more.
I welcomed Gamechanger, their presence is needed and there is a lot to do in all aspects of the club. It’s been lovely to see that everyone has made themselves so accessible, have talked about their plans and ideas for the club, Mark Ashton has arrived in a role and with responsibilities that have been required for God knows how many years. It was clear to see that work was being done and that they were making changes that needed to be made....and yet through it all, I felt empty because I kept thinking, “What’s going to happen when we get on the pitch? That’s where it will count. We’ve seen these new eras and overhauls before and it always ends in disaster. Neither Keane or Hurst got it right and if Cook doesn’t get this right, we are going to have to swallow more incompetence and failure but this time it’ll be in the third division....”

And that’s what we’ve seen. Keane/Hurst redux. Early cup exits, losses to sides who’ve never played us before, a wait till September 18 to register a first win a wait till September 28 to register a first home win. Momentum constantly stalling. Players coming out after lousy results and telling us brighter times will come. Cook constantly trying to explain away poor performances and results. Town 10 games into a season and sitting outside the bottom 4 of the third division.

I worried I’d see the movie I’d seen before at higher levels and under other managers. And I am. I suppose the fact that I’ve reacted so viscerally after the defeats shows that I do still care and that it does still mean something to me. Cook has been given a great opportunity to get Ipswich competing for promotion and out of this league. And yet again he, as others have done before him, has spunked it up the wall on players who don’t possesses the drive and desire to be successful. All while refusing to acknowledge his own mistakes.

I don’t feel smug, just sad and let down. Because I don’t trust this manager or squad to turn it around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024