Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My observations 13:12 - Oct 24 with 987 viewsquad

Walton - One or two decent saves and was decent on crosses. Better than Hladky.

Donacien, Toto and Edmundson - All played very well and should keep their place.

Penney - He's just okay, but he's the definite weak link IMO. Coulsen would be better.

Morsy / Evans - Morsy is the 'enforcer'. He's tough and nasty which is what we needed. Very difficult to dispossess. Evans played well and is improving, done more than enough.

Bonne - Undroppable.

Chaplin - Excellent

Aluko / Burns - Excellent (especially Burns who has to start at Plymouth).

Edwards - Average at best. Didn't create much and gave possession away a lot.

Celina - I might not be thanked for saying this but he was dreadful before he scored. I mean really, really poor.
My observations on 13:48 - Oct 24 with 901 viewsIllinoisblue

Harsh to call Penney a weak link. Not convinced Celina is fully fit yet. Think Edwards needs a goal to give him some confidence.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My observations on 14:10 - Oct 24 with 860 viewsquad

My observations on 13:48 - Oct 24 by Illinoisblue

Harsh to call Penney a weak link. Not convinced Celina is fully fit yet. Think Edwards needs a goal to give him some confidence.

On current form I think Chaplin, Burns and Aluko should start ahead of Edwards, Celina and Fraser. That's not to say that they are bad players or that they can't force their way back into the team. I'm a big fan of Fraser but he hasn't been doing enough.

Maybe harsh on Penney. He hasn't done much wrong but doesn't stop crosses enough IMO. I just think that if both are fit then Coulsen is the better player. I went with my dad yesterday and it was the first time he had been this year, he said just before half time that Penney was our worst player and he's seen no other games to base it on.
My observations on 14:30 - Oct 24 with 807 viewschrismakin

My observations on 14:10 - Oct 24 by quad

On current form I think Chaplin, Burns and Aluko should start ahead of Edwards, Celina and Fraser. That's not to say that they are bad players or that they can't force their way back into the team. I'm a big fan of Fraser but he hasn't been doing enough.

Maybe harsh on Penney. He hasn't done much wrong but doesn't stop crosses enough IMO. I just think that if both are fit then Coulsen is the better player. I went with my dad yesterday and it was the first time he had been this year, he said just before half time that Penney was our worst player and he's seen no other games to base it on.

Tbf quad your spot on with Penney there. That's now what 3 goals conceded from a free cross on his side

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

My observations on 14:33 - Oct 24 with 786 viewsIllinoisblue

My observations on 14:30 - Oct 24 by chrismakin

Tbf quad your spot on with Penney there. That's now what 3 goals conceded from a free cross on his side

Should probably play him in midfield, yeah?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My observations on 14:35 - Oct 24 with 774 viewschrismakin

My observations on 14:33 - Oct 24 by Illinoisblue

Should probably play him in midfield, yeah?

I would like to see him further up yes. He has a great cross on him at times. Has shown he has a great shot on him and isn't afraid to get to the byline.

I'd prefer to see him there than fullback being honest. His defensive part of the game isn't the strongest.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

My observations on 14:50 - Oct 24 with 746 viewscatch74

My observations on 14:35 - Oct 24 by chrismakin

I would like to see him further up yes. He has a great cross on him at times. Has shown he has a great shot on him and isn't afraid to get to the byline.

I'd prefer to see him there than fullback being honest. His defensive part of the game isn't the strongest.

So you’d like to see Penney further up in a position we’ve got Edwards, Fraser, Celina, Aluko available but not at LB where we have very little cover.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

My observations on 14:52 - Oct 24 with 739 viewschrismakin

My observations on 14:50 - Oct 24 by catch74

So you’d like to see Penney further up in a position we’ve got Edwards, Fraser, Celina, Aluko available but not at LB where we have very little cover.

I'd like to see if Aluko could continue his excellent form on the left first. I'm in sure as he likes to cut inside..

If it doesn't suit him then yes I'd like to see penney higher up over the others.

It probably won't happen. However i don't feel at present the other options are as solid as our right sided options.

Oh sorry will add.. only if coulsen was fit obviously.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 14:59]

My observations on 14:54 - Oct 24 with 730 viewsquad

My observations on 14:35 - Oct 24 by chrismakin

For me he's a very decent back-up left back and that's it. If Coulsen were fully fit then Penney should be on the bench. We've got better options further forward.

His positives are that he can play quick, one-touch football, and I agree that he has a good cross and shot on him. He looks a street-wise player and has a good football brain.

His negatives are that he doesn't mark tightly enough and that he is quite easily brushed off the ball. I don't like the term lightweight but he gets dispossessed far too easily. He's also poor in the air (Evans played a couple of crossfield balls to him in the 2nd half when there were better options available). Those crossfield balls weren't good options mainly because we already knew Penney wasn't going to win the headers against his markers before the ball even got near him.
Login to get fewer ads

My observations on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 494 viewsHighgateBlue

My observations on 14:10 - Oct 24 by quad

Totally agree on first para.

I'd keep Penney in the team as I think the defence needs consistency of selection for a few games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024