Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland 13:02 - Nov 17 with 1236 viewsScottishTractorBoy

I'm travelling down from Glasgow for the game and wondering if there's a preferred pub on Saturday? First time visiting Sunderland and first time at a Town game since 2016!
Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 13:24 - Nov 17 with 1197 viewsHogger

Following this - would like to know same... and we have family coming from Edinburgh!
Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 15:06 - Nov 19 with 1026 viewsIpswichToon

Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 13:24 - Nov 17 by Hogger

Following this - would like to know same... and we have family coming from Edinburgh!

I presume you'll be getting the train to Newcastle, then the metro to Sunderland? What most people seem to do is have a few drinks in Newcastle before / after the game, rather than in Sunderland, as even from Ipswich direction, most people will arrive by train in Newcastle. Usually it would be The Centurion, a pub inside the train station.

I'll likely be in The Centurion myself, as I don't live far outside of Newcastle.
Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 15:58 - Nov 19 with 996 viewsScottishTractorBoy

Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 15:06 - Nov 19 by IpswichToon

I presume you'll be getting the train to Newcastle, then the metro to Sunderland? What most people seem to do is have a few drinks in Newcastle before / after the game, rather than in Sunderland, as even from Ipswich direction, most people will arrive by train in Newcastle. Usually it would be The Centurion, a pub inside the train station.

I'll likely be in The Centurion myself, as I don't live far outside of Newcastle.

That is the route trainline is sending me. So I'll probably do that. Thanks!
Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 16:05 - Nov 19 with 988 viewshype313

Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 15:06 - Nov 19 by IpswichToon

Newcastle will be at home tommorow and probably in good spirits, so the city might be rocking

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 16:15 - Nov 19 with 978 viewswitchdoctor

Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 16:05 - Nov 19 by hype313

Newcastle will be at home tommorow and probably in good spirits, so the city might be rocking

so the plod up there can handle the regions 2 biggest clubs to play on the same day?
Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 17:56 - Nov 19 with 907 viewsIpswichToon

Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 16:15 - Nov 19 by witchdoctor

so the plod up there can handle the regions 2 biggest clubs to play on the same day?

That's certainly odd. They never used to, at least when they were in the same league. Northumberland police usually put all their resources into managing the team at home on that day, so obviously wouldn't play on the same day. I guess it only applies to certain games that they need big police presence for? Who knows. That's a new one to me.
Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 18:01 - Nov 19 with 900 viewspeterleeblue

The Ship Isis is about as good as it gets in Sunderland. Its a bot out of the way and about 20 mins' back over to the ground.
Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 18:39 - Nov 19 with 866 viewsIpswichToon

Pubs on Saturday in Sunderland on 18:01 - Nov 19 by peterleeblue

The Ship Isis is about as good as it gets in Sunderland. Its a bot out of the way and about 20 mins' back over to the ground.

Judging by your username, a local game for yourself too!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024