Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three at the back, the new one up front? 17:59 - Dec 5 with 622 viewsjayessess

Pretty much the entire top 6 in League One playing 3-4-3/3-5-2/3-4-1-2/3-4-2-1 - should we be looking for someone who sets up like this?

Suits Donacien (can be a ball-playing Right CB, rather than a stay-at-home RB)
Burgess (more comfortable on the left of a 3)
Penney (Burgess behind him masks his lack of aerial ability)
KVY (CB behind him when he gets forward)

Lots of potential variations amongst the front 3 as well.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:16 - Dec 5 with 559 viewswkj

the 3 5 2 is becoming very popular in the lower leagues - the problem we'd face is fitting in the glut of players we have on advanced wide positions.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:19 - Dec 5 with 538 viewsYallop

With all the attacking talent we have it's a bit negative to slot an extra defender in?
Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:21 - Dec 5 with 526 viewspositivity

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:19 - Dec 5 by Yallop

With all the attacking talent we have it's a bit negative to slot an extra defender in?

we wouldn't necessarily be doing that, donacien goes to rcb, burns or edwards plays wing back

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:24 - Dec 5 with 516 viewsYallop

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:21 - Dec 5 by positivity

we wouldn't necessarily be doing that, donacien goes to rcb, burns or edwards plays wing back

Would be interesting to see those two at wing back. If it worked then fantastic, just their threat is the final third and I fear all we'd see is them in our own half.
Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:25 - Dec 5 with 514 viewsjayessess

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:16 - Dec 5 by wkj

the 3 5 2 is becoming very popular in the lower leagues - the problem we'd face is fitting in the glut of players we have on advanced wide positions.

I dunno about that, I think a lot of our players fit different versions of 3-5-2/3-4-3

In a 3-5-2 you've probably got a more natural slot for Fraser and Harper in the 3. You could also make use of KVY, Burns, Coulson, Penney, maybe even Edwards as potential wing backs.

If you went for 3-4-3, you can populate the 3 with 2 CAMs (Celina, Chaplin, Fraser, Harper) or 2 inside forwards (Aluko, Edwards, Burns), or 2 strikers and a CAM (Pigott, Bonne + any of our attacking midfielders). You can also switch those around quite easily and offer different types of threat.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 18:30]

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:26 - Dec 5 with 499 viewspositivity

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:24 - Dec 5 by Yallop

Would be interesting to see those two at wing back. If it worked then fantastic, just their threat is the final third and I fear all we'd see is them in our own half.

they'd have to not be dragged backwards, which takes a bit of nerve, can't see such a switch happening in a hurry

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:29 - Dec 5 with 475 viewsjayessess

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:26 - Dec 5 by positivity

they'd have to not be dragged backwards, which takes a bit of nerve, can't see such a switch happening in a hurry

Takes more nerve to get forward from RB with no-one behind you. If it were Donacien at RCB and Burgess at LCB I don't think you'd hesitate too much to bomb on in possession.

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:32 - Dec 5 with 454 viewsYallop

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 18:29 - Dec 5 by jayessess

Takes more nerve to get forward from RB with no-one behind you. If it were Donacien at RCB and Burgess at LCB I don't think you'd hesitate too much to bomb on in possession.

You are hopefully onto something and it could be a way to get that extra attacking player in the side. Thankfully we have a decent keeper if it all goes wrong!
Login to get fewer ads

Three at the back, the new one up front? on 17:57 - Jan 8 with 290 viewsjayessess

3 AT THE BACK YOOOOOOOOOOOO

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024