Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So many threads on the depressing managerial links and those out of work 15:54 - Dec 7 with 576 viewsAsa

I don't understand why there's such a fear we are going after a Harris, Hughton or Warnock. This isn't the Evans era anymore.

We have new owners with deep pockets who want to see us not only get promoted but promoted again. They sanctioned the funding for the CEO to go after the captain of Luton, a mid-table Championship team, a regular starter for Barnsley, who made the Championship playoffs, a Kosovo international who should be nowhere near League One and a very solid player at the level above in Morsy.

Out of work managers will always put their names forward but I fail to see why we won't do the managerial equivalent. It's a stretch but why not someone like Mowbray. Of course, he's sitting pretty in the playoffs but that's exactly where Conor Chaplin finished too. If the pay is good enough and you can sell the vision I don't see why a club of our stature with the money behind us can't recruit big.

We have the funds to get to where Blackburn are in a few years and beyond, much further beyond than Rovers, because of our funding. There are countless managers in the Championship you could see being paid as much, if not more to come here and buying into the project as the new boards 'man'.

That's just England. Ashton is data driven. He's putting recruitment into place to be national, continental and worldwide to a degree for talent pools. He's well connected. When clubs like Brentford, Watford, even Norwich, can pluck managers out of Spain, Holland, Germany or wherever, it's hardly unthinkable that we won't have our eye on people already as a contingency for if Cook went.

We all know under Evans it would be another out of work, likely depressing appointment, but Ashton and Gamechanger have shown they can convince players to come here and raise eyebrows. In the uncertain world of football, I fail to see why they can't do it in a managerial sense too.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 15:58]
So many threads on the depressing managerial links and those out of work on 16:04 - Dec 7 with 518 viewsFixed_It

So you're not convinced it'll be Pulis then?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So many threads on the depressing managerial links and those out of work on 16:26 - Dec 7 with 422 viewsKeno

so you're thinking Pep or Klopp then?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So many threads on the depressing managerial links and those out of work on 16:35 - Dec 7 with 386 viewsvanmunt

If the stories are true, our recruiting will be a bit more than Marcus phoning his mate Harry about who to appoint.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024