Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton 16:59 - Dec 7 with 5052 viewsquad

I liked Paul Cook and personally would have given him a bit more time. I can fully understand why the decision was made to sack him though especially based on performances since the Wycombe game.

Putting that aside, I don't know Mark Ashton or what goes on behind the scenes but my gut feeling is that I don't particularly like him based on a few things.

1) That thing with the fans away at Lincoln was really cringeworthy. If I'd been there in the crowd I might have enjoyed it to be honest but in hindsight it was really embarrassing and almost as bad as Delia's rant. At least she had the excuse that she was p*ssed whereas he just came across as being a bit of a tool. No, a massive tool.

2) What the Bristol City fans have said about him. No smoke without fire. He does seem to have a massive ego and everything is about him and he comes across as narcissistic.

3) The pre-rehearsed speeches and tired old cliches he uses. He certainly talks well and says all the right things but..... just because he talks a good game doesn't necessarily mean he is good for the club.

4) He clearly had a very pivotal part in sacking Cook. If it wasn't entirely down to him he certainly had a major part to play in getting him sacked. Like I said I don't know him but he seems a bit of a snake.... bet he was all sweetness and smiles to Cook's face. Seems to have been an element of backstabbing going on.

5) The Norwood thing. I admit that I like Norwood despite all his off-field shenanigans. Norwood's tweets about Cook speak volumes. Clearly Ashton orchestrated Norwood being transfer-listed. I don't believe Ashton when he said that Cook could select whatever subs he wanted. I definitely believe Norwood on this one.

6) ITFC have decided to just sack Cook without sounding out a replacement manager first? Come on, really?? Are we expected to believe that?? It's a bit of an insult to fans intelligence really isn't it?? But Ashton certainly knows how to put on a front and say the right things but can't help thinking that he's somewhat conniving.

Just my thoughts and gut feeling, hopefully I've got him all wrong. Still feel like this sacking might come back to bite us in the ass. And if Norwood goes to Oxford it will definitely bite us in the ass.
Mark Ashton on 23:36 - Dec 8 with 520 viewsCokeIsKey

Mark Ashton on 17:40 - Dec 8 by RadioOrwell

Why are you even here. Following football forums is already a bit tragic ( guilty ) but following some other teams forum is some weird shizzle that is too strange to understand.

We don't give a flying about Bristol.

If Ashton clearly and obviously F's up we will notice. For now you are deliberately winding people up here and deliberately causing friction.

You need to be banned.

Find this aggression towards someone trying to give us a different perspective utterly bizarre - you should see Ready To Go where almost every club has two or three accounts. Get a grip

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Mark Ashton on 23:51 - Dec 8 with 476 viewsChurchman

Mark Ashton on 23:36 - Dec 8 by CokeIsKey

Find this aggression towards someone trying to give us a different perspective utterly bizarre - you should see Ready To Go where almost every club has two or three accounts. Get a grip

But he isn’t trying to give us a different perspective. From day one it’s been post after post of vitriol. Rinse and repeat. What exactly is he wanting us to do? What’s his purpose? It’s not to inform because he did that many times in the summer. Chase Ashton away as some kind of revenge for the harm he did BC (new stadium, facilities, est Championship, quality manager)? It’s really weird behaviour almost to the point of wondering if the bloke is unwell.

One thing he’s done well by repeating his hatred is to get people on here to believe it and repeat it. Maybe that’s the objective. Either way, with the mess the team is in, it’s a contribution that isn’t helpful.
Mark Ashton on 00:27 - Dec 9 with 447 viewspowinswitch

Mark Ashton on 23:51 - Dec 8 by Churchman

But he isn’t trying to give us a different perspective. From day one it’s been post after post of vitriol. Rinse and repeat. What exactly is he wanting us to do? What’s his purpose? It’s not to inform because he did that many times in the summer. Chase Ashton away as some kind of revenge for the harm he did BC (new stadium, facilities, est Championship, quality manager)? It’s really weird behaviour almost to the point of wondering if the bloke is unwell.

One thing he’s done well by repeating his hatred is to get people on here to believe it and repeat it. Maybe that’s the objective. Either way, with the mess the team is in, it’s a contribution that isn’t helpful.

I have two long term Brizzle City supporting friends. One is a season ticket holding business owner, the other attends 6 or 7 games a year at Ashton Gate. Both contacted me after he arrived and said he would be bad news for us. They genuinely believe that, and both are intelligent independent thinkers.

The evidence in the summer suggested he was doing fine, and he has overseen or been responsible for a lot of good stuff. His celebration at Lincoln was about his ego IMO. I am concerned in hindsight about some of the recruitment and how much a part he may have played in it.

At this stage I think off the pitch he is doing some great stuff, and things like the stadium, community engagement etc are on the up. He is the CEO of a football club, and ultimately I am going to judge him on where we are going on the pitch. I shall hold my judgement for now, and indeed at present my overall impression is positive. but those friends of mine didn’t contact me for no reason or maliciously. They genuinely believe he will have a negative impact here.
Mark Ashton on 01:50 - Dec 9 with 426 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jesus wept.

1) Interaction with fans was something we begged Evans for. Perhaps it was slightly cringey at worst.
2) Irrelevant. Judge him on what he does here.
3) ‘Just because he talks a good game doesn’t mean he’s good for the club’. Lol. Seriously? So you’d prefer he didn’t talk sense? That would be better would it? How is that even a point you’re making.
4) At best that’s conjecture.
5) We’ve no idea who’s telling the truth. You’re just choosing the person that fits your narrative.
6) That’s football. Happens a lot.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Mark Ashton on 08:49 - Dec 9 with 357 viewsquad

Mark Ashton on 16:00 - Dec 8 by RadioOrwell

1. Didn't mind that at all.
2. Couldn't give a toss what BCFC think about him.
3. That's called management speak and if you've never heard that before you must be a child. If you want him to speak differently then you need to grow up.
4. It isn't clear he was pivotal in Cooks sacking. Even if he was - so what ?
5. No opinion. didn't follow it.
6. "Ashton certainly knows how to put on a front and say the right things" Good - that's his job. Whether you believe the sacking timeline or not is so so pathetically irrelevant I'll just leave it there.

You're a cheerful soul aren't you? Are you Peter Reid?

So sorry that I asked others their opinions on a FOOTBALL FORUM. Jeez Louise.

4, If he was pivotal in the sacking of Paul Cook - so what??

So... it's a sh*t decision if we haven't got any better management options available.. that's what. That's why we played even worse against Charlton than we did before. Any slight chance of promotion have completely gone now. The players are all hacked off and have been completely stripped of any slight confidence they might have had. Why the hell should Toto have been abused by fans when he gives his all every week? etc......
Mark Ashton on 11:18 - Dec 9 with 311 viewsChurchman

Mark Ashton on 00:27 - Dec 9 by powinswitch

I have two long term Brizzle City supporting friends. One is a season ticket holding business owner, the other attends 6 or 7 games a year at Ashton Gate. Both contacted me after he arrived and said he would be bad news for us. They genuinely believe that, and both are intelligent independent thinkers.

The evidence in the summer suggested he was doing fine, and he has overseen or been responsible for a lot of good stuff. His celebration at Lincoln was about his ego IMO. I am concerned in hindsight about some of the recruitment and how much a part he may have played in it.

At this stage I think off the pitch he is doing some great stuff, and things like the stadium, community engagement etc are on the up. He is the CEO of a football club, and ultimately I am going to judge him on where we are going on the pitch. I shall hold my judgement for now, and indeed at present my overall impression is positive. but those friends of mine didn’t contact me for no reason or maliciously. They genuinely believe he will have a negative impact here.

I always take as I find. Many years ago I was sent to work for a bloke with about as bad a reputation as it was possible to have.

He was a divisive character that didn’t suffer fools. Opinionated, sometimes fierce, could take against people, made enemies. But he was just about the best person I ever worked for.

When Ashton actually does something wrong, I’ll criticise with the best of them, but I won’t do so on the basis of here say, the word of people with an agenda, reputation or putting two and two together.

I don’t wish to know the bloke. I just want him to do a good job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024