Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton 11:09 - Dec 10 with 1418 viewsDyland

How many of the (generally very good) signings were his rather than Cook's? We have a silly squad, let's be honest. Or did Cook lose the plot a little?

Firing Cook with no (discernible?) backup plan seems crazy. A few grumps from the stands but he'd hardly lost the crowd and dressing room. Big question marks over Ashton imo.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Mark Ashton on 11:59 - Dec 10 with 338 viewshomer_123

Mark Ashton on 11:52 - Dec 10 by footers

I'm sure there were a few that we were going for that we thought may have been too ambitious with so were hedging our bets with others, which is how we've ended up with the squad we have. It's a nice problem for a new manager to have but you have to feel a bit for players like Barry who've been left out in the cold.

Yes, I think Cook was on record as saying the squad he inherited was 'bloated' and we'd trim down.....we haven't exactly done that.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mark Ashton on 12:28 - Dec 10 with 300 viewsGuthrum

Mark Ashton on 11:40 - Dec 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

The kind of bell is important here. Is it a 'Ding-Dong' or a 'Ding-a-Ling'

Hmm. I could post

or I could post

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mark Ashton on 12:31 - Dec 10 with 288 viewsSawtrich

We don't know to what extent Ashton was involved in player selection. Surely the bottom line was he was getting the players in for Cook and if Cook didn't want them he had the final say. Cook was responsible for team performance, not Ashton.

The timing of Cook's departure makes perfect sense to me, give the new manager the January window to tweak the squad. It was pretty clear to me that we weren't going up this season under Cook, maybe others felt we could still salvage something.
Mark Ashton on 12:45 - Dec 10 with 283 viewsGuthrum

Mark Ashton on 11:56 - Dec 10 by homer_123

As I posted early early doors, we do not want McGreal anywhere near the role of manager full-time.

Loved him as a player...really did but as a manager....nope.

I don't get the impression this will go on all that long (it's been less than a week so far). But we needed someone to take charge who could at least stand a chance of getting some results but who wasn't Cook, if active steps were being taken to replace him.

Look how well getting McCarthy to be his own caretaker went.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 12:45]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mark Ashton on 12:46 - Dec 10 with 273 viewshomer_123

Mark Ashton on 12:45 - Dec 10 by Guthrum

I don't get the impression this will go on all that long (it's been less than a week so far). But we needed someone to take charge who could at least stand a chance of getting some results but who wasn't Cook, if active steps were being taken to replace him.

Look how well getting McCarthy to be his own caretaker went.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 12:45]

No issue with McGreal being in temp charge whilst we find a replacement - just not perm manager.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024