Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for simpson 23:15 - Feb 26 with 752 viewsBondiBlue

I get the argument that we need to pick one of the strikers and stick with him until he plays himself into form but i don't think we have time for that if we're going to make the playoffs. We have 3 players at the club who have been consistently good at taking chances this season - burns, chaplin and tyreece simpson. Watching norwood, bonne and pigott in the last few games has been painful. All good players but confidence is completely shot. Jackson is looking like the best option but as we've discussed a billion times and clearly mckenna has picked up on, he's good inthis system in certain games only. Of the three i mentioned, you don't really want to move burns because he's been so good at wing-back and he hasn't been a striker for a long time, and chaplin is too small to compete physically with big centre-backs and would have to drop very deep to get on the ball. Which leaves simpson.

Contract issues or no contract issues, i don't really care. We used to be, and still claim to be, a club that believes in its youth system. And mckenna seems to be arguing that now is not the time for experimenting. Well it's only an experiment if everyone else in his position is playing OK.

George burley was trying to keep us in the premier league when he started darren ambrose away to arsenal. We believed in our youth back then. Ambrose hadn't even had a loan spell to prive what he can do. Gamechanger talk a lot about culture but i fear that this is a big part of this club's culture that is going to be lost if we're not careful.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Time for simpson on 23:20 - Feb 26 with 724 viewsFrimleyBlue

Problem is, our youth productivity was alot better back then. if only we had an ambrose coming through now... actually a Dyer would be great. Or a left sided Burley.

I do agree about Simpson. I'd start him sat tbh. He can't do any worse and if he does well and he still wants to go in the summer then we could get a bit of money for him before he leaves next year.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 23:21]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Time for simpson on 23:25 - Feb 26 with 705 viewsBondiBlue

Time for simpson on 23:20 - Feb 26 by FrimleyBlue

Problem is, our youth productivity was alot better back then. if only we had an ambrose coming through now... actually a Dyer would be great. Or a left sided Burley.

I do agree about Simpson. I'd start him sat tbh. He can't do any worse and if he does well and he still wants to go in the summer then we could get a bit of money for him before he leaves next year.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 23:21]

I think if he sees a pathway to our first team, he won't want to go anywhere.

We produced some quality youth players back then but we were 2 divisions above where we are now. Simpson and el mizouni don't need to be as good as bent and ambrose to be good league one players. And no-one needs to be half as good as kieron dyer to deserve a chance in tbis team!

Time for simpson on 23:34 - Feb 26 with 684 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time for simpson on 23:25 - Feb 26 by BondiBlue

I think if he sees a pathway to our first team, he won't want to go anywhere.

We produced some quality youth players back then but we were 2 divisions above where we are now. Simpson and el mizouni don't need to be as good as bent and ambrose to be good league one players. And no-one needs to be half as good as kieron dyer to deserve a chance in tbis team!

I get what you're saying but. Whilst we've dropped 2 levels our youth system has too. Cat 2, losing players living in Suffolk to Norwich etc it'll take a few years to grow again.. but we will need to start to bring players in otherwise why stay with ipswich youth........ so i agree we do need to give players chances.

I liked the look Ward in pre season. Surprised we've not seen anything of him since tbh. Same as Humphries.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Time for simpson on 07:16 - Feb 27 with 510 viewsArnieM

Time for simpson on 23:34 - Feb 26 by FrimleyBlue

I get what you're saying but. Whilst we've dropped 2 levels our youth system has too. Cat 2, losing players living in Suffolk to Norwich etc it'll take a few years to grow again.. but we will need to start to bring players in otherwise why stay with ipswich youth........ so i agree we do need to give players chances.

I liked the look Ward in pre season. Surprised we've not seen anything of him since tbh. Same as Humphries.

Or Baggott ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

[Redacted] on 07:31 - Feb 27 with 497 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Time for simpson on 13:18 - Feb 27 with 355 viewsBondiBlue

[Redacted] on 07:31 - Feb 27 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Penney is a better footballer but such a chicken (trying to put it nicely, or at least explain my feelings about him after the plymouth away game without swearing) when it comes to getting hurt. Edmundson would be very exposed. I'd stick with thompson or play kvy there.

Time for simpson on 13:46 - Feb 27 with 334 viewsfranz_tyson

If bringing youth into the team is of paramount importance and vital to our culture - we should have stuck with Evans / Lambert. We gave loads of game time to homegrown players pre-Gamechanger . Who cares which league we’re in if as long as stay true to our culture and give chances to our home-grown youngsters.

Sorry, not for me. If Simpson is good enough, then put him in the side, but I’ve had enough of pinning my hopes on youth for the moment. I’d rather keep faith with McKenna and how he can get something out of at least one of the senior strikers.

Our recent culture has been more of slow decline instead of producing a conveyor belt of academy talent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024