Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The run in 11:19 - Mar 9 with 1042 viewsitfcsuth

Nobody from 4th -10th has an easy run in. All fixtures below. Plymouth looks the worst run-in, the rest are very similar, lots of games against each.

Oxford:
Shrewsbury (A)
Ipswich (H)
Morecambe (A)
Plymouth (A)
Sunderland (H)
Fleetwood (A)
MK Dons (H)
Rotherham (A)
Doncaster (H)

Sunderland:
Crewe (H)
Lincoln (A)
Rotherham (H)
Gillingham (H)
Oxford (A)
Shrewsbury (H)
Plymouth (A)
Cambridge (A)
Morecambe (A)

Plymouth:
Bolton (A)
Portsmouth (H)
Acc. Stanley (H)
Cheltenham (H)
Ipswich (A)
Oxford (H)
Burton (A)
Wycombe (A)
Sunderland (H)
Wigan (A)
MK Dons (H)

Wycombe:
Rotherham (H)
Fleetwood (H)
Portsmouth (A)
Doncaster (H)
Cambridge (A)
Gillingham (A)
Plymouth (H)
Wimbledon (A)
Sheff Wed (H)
Burton (A)

Sheff Wed:
Cambridge (H)
Acc. Stanley (H)
Gillingham (A)
Cheltenham (H)
Wimbledon (A)
Bolton (A)
MK Dons (A)
Crewe (H)
Wycombe (A)
Fleetwood (A)
Portsmouth (H)

Portsmouth:
Ipswich (A)
Plymouth (A)
Wycombe (H)
Bolton (A)
Rotherham (H)
Cheltenham (A)
Lincoln (H)
Morecambe (A)
Gillingham (H)
Wigan (H)
Sheff Wed (A)

Ipswich:
Portsmouth (H)
Oxford (A)
Plymouth (H)
Cambridge (H)
Shrewsbury (A)
Rotherham (A)
Wigan (H)
Crewe (A)
Charlton (H)
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 14:45]
The run in on 11:23 - Mar 9 with 1018 viewstractordownsouth

From toughest to easiest I'd probably rate them like this

Plymouth
Portsmouth
Town
Oxford
Wycombe
Sunderland
Sheff Wednesday

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The run in on 11:34 - Mar 9 with 951 viewsitfcsuth

The run in on 11:23 - Mar 9 by tractordownsouth

Plymouth
Portsmouth
Town
Oxford
Wycombe
Sunderland
Sheff Wednesday

Agree with that.

We look such a well oiled-machine right now that I don't go in to any game fearing anybody anymore - something I couldn't have said in recent seasons.

Opposing teams, fans and even commentators are consistently referring to us as the best side in the league, and I can't disagree.
The run in on 11:53 - Mar 9 with 886 viewsHighgateBlue

The run in on 11:34 - Mar 9 by itfcsuth

Agree with that.

We look such a well oiled-machine right now that I don't go in to any game fearing anybody anymore - something I couldn't have said in recent seasons.

Opposing teams, fans and even commentators are consistently referring to us as the best side in the league, and I can't disagree.

It's certainly heartening to hear it from any opponent, and it bodes well for next season, assuming we can keep McKenna and our squad of players together. However, even if we are the best side in the division, we're currently 10th on points per game, and we're not top of any form table. If you look at the last 6 or 10 games, we're sadly not catching up our rivals quickly enough. At present it looks like we're gonna run out of road, despite the amazing efforts of KMac. I do hope i'm wrong...
The run in on 12:03 - Mar 9 with 833 viewsJon_456

The run in on 11:53 - Mar 9 by HighgateBlue

It's certainly heartening to hear it from any opponent, and it bodes well for next season, assuming we can keep McKenna and our squad of players together. However, even if we are the best side in the division, we're currently 10th on points per game, and we're not top of any form table. If you look at the last 6 or 10 games, we're sadly not catching up our rivals quickly enough. At present it looks like we're gonna run out of road, despite the amazing efforts of KMac. I do hope i'm wrong...

Over the last 14 games since Mckenna took charge according to TWTD form table, we're 2nd in the league.
The run in on 12:05 - Mar 9 with 824 viewsitfcsuth

The run in on 11:53 - Mar 9 by HighgateBlue

I do think we will run out of road this time as well. Mainly due to the such a poor start, and the good form of our counterparts - we will fall around 3 points short in my opinion.

The last 14 games gives a strong indication as to how well we could do over a season.

A settled squad next year would be perfect, just a few tweaks in the summer. I suspect Norwood & Bonne probably won't be here. Pigott, Harper, Carroll likewise may not be around.

I'd like to see Thompson here again for a full season next year to continue with that settled back line. I'd love to take a look at Mo Eisa, permanently sign Bakinson, see if there is a deal to be done with Celina.
The run in on 12:16 - Mar 9 with 784 viewstractordownsouth

The run in on 12:05 - Mar 9 by itfcsuth

I do think we will run out of road this time as well. Mainly due to the such a poor start, and the good form of our counterparts - we will fall around 3 points short in my opinion.

The last 14 games gives a strong indication as to how well we could do over a season.

A settled squad next year would be perfect, just a few tweaks in the summer. I suspect Norwood & Bonne probably won't be here. Pigott, Harper, Carroll likewise may not be around.

I'd like to see Thompson here again for a full season next year to continue with that settled back line. I'd love to take a look at Mo Eisa, permanently sign Bakinson, see if there is a deal to be done with Celina.

As well as a couple of strikers, I think the most important player we get is someone who can take set pieces. Conor Grant at Argyle has been suggested a few times.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The run in on 12:22 - Mar 9 with 750 viewslongtimefan

The run in on 11:23 - Mar 9 by tractordownsouth

Plymouth
Portsmouth
Town
Oxford
Wycombe
Sunderland
Sheff Wednesday

Especially as Sheffield Wed seem to be playing themselves in their last match
The run in on 14:40 - Mar 9 with 559 viewsChorleyBoy

The run in on 12:22 - Mar 9 by longtimefan

Especially as Sheffield Wed seem to be playing themselves in their last match

A genuine 6-pointer. Then again, the fans would probably settle for a draw.
Login to get fewer ads

The run in on 14:44 - Mar 9 with 545 viewsMeltonBlue

Pompey next five games looks very tough especially when they do not have the biggest of squads from the limited information I have regarding their team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024