Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh, interesting development 09:32 - Apr 22 with 2235 viewsKeno

probably tied in the 15 year statue of limitations in Portugal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61183857

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Oh, interesting development on 15:28 - Apr 22 with 400 viewsjeera

Oh, interesting development on 13:43 - Apr 22 by PassionNotAnger

I'm sorry but if you don't think leaving your children alone in an apartment that you can't see or monitor in anyway whilst you enjoy a meal and drinks in a different part of a complex isn't doing anything wrong then we clearly have very different ideas of what it is to be a responsible parent and probably won't agree on much.

I do agree (and stated previously) that the scum who did whatever it is they did to that poor child are the lowest of the low and deserve all the vitriol and abuse in the world BUT that doesn't mean that the parents are exempt from criticism too for their negligence that unfortunately contributed to the scum being able to commit their evil crime.

This has all been covered a thousand times.

We all know what happened so what buzz does anyone get out of repeating it every single time the subject arises?

Every single time the same old tired comments: "They left the kids alone etc"

As though that's never crossed their minds.

Yes, let's make sure they are punished over and over in case they forget what happened that day. What's the point?

Then there'll be someone along later who thinks they're an expert on the whole case because they once saw the headlines and an incorrect version of events in the Sun.

And repeat...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oh, interesting development on 15:32 - Apr 22 with 388 viewsitfcjoe

Oh, interesting development on 14:42 - Apr 22 by LeoMuff

As I understand they could see the building the apartment was in and were checking every 30 mins, I’m sure many many parents have done the same and many wouldn’t consider it ok. I doubt the risks are any different now from the 70s if anything probably reduced.

They don’t deserve anything like the vitriol they get/got.

I don't think that is the case re the restaurant and the apartment, and the checking every 20 or 30 minutes.

They couldn't see it, and to check it as frequently as they stated it would have almost been musical chairs at the table as was a few minutes walkaway.

Whilst I have huge sympathies for what they have gone through, and don't like the narrative some are pushing on this thread and have pushed back at it, I certainly wouldn't leave my children anywhere close to as far away as they did - it was a big complex and negligent

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oh, interesting development on 15:42 - Apr 22 with 381 viewsLord_Lucan

Oh, interesting development on 15:32 - Apr 22 by itfcjoe

I don't think that is the case re the restaurant and the apartment, and the checking every 20 or 30 minutes.

They couldn't see it, and to check it as frequently as they stated it would have almost been musical chairs at the table as was a few minutes walkaway.

Whilst I have huge sympathies for what they have gone through, and don't like the narrative some are pushing on this thread and have pushed back at it, I certainly wouldn't leave my children anywhere close to as far away as they did - it was a big complex and negligent

They have paid the price for what they did a thousand times over and at the risk of repeating myself I cannot imagine what they have gone through, I mean, it's every parents nightmare isn't it.

I'm with you though, there is absolutely no way I would leave a child of that age alone, no way. I don't think I would consider a predator at large but I would be thinking they could choke, wake up and walk out and fall in the pool, what about fire? Sorry, but it's madness to me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Oh, interesting development on 07:46 - Apr 23 with 291 viewssolomon

Oh, interesting development on 13:43 - Apr 22 by PassionNotAnger

I'm sorry but if you don't think leaving your children alone in an apartment that you can't see or monitor in anyway whilst you enjoy a meal and drinks in a different part of a complex isn't doing anything wrong then we clearly have very different ideas of what it is to be a responsible parent and probably won't agree on much.

I do agree (and stated previously) that the scum who did whatever it is they did to that poor child are the lowest of the low and deserve all the vitriol and abuse in the world BUT that doesn't mean that the parents are exempt from criticism too for their negligence that unfortunately contributed to the scum being able to commit their evil crime.

Having a lack of empathy seems to be the in thing right now.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 7:51]
Oh, interesting development on 10:55 - Apr 23 with 243 viewsronnyd

Oh, interesting development on 15:42 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

They have paid the price for what they did a thousand times over and at the risk of repeating myself I cannot imagine what they have gone through, I mean, it's every parents nightmare isn't it.

I'm with you though, there is absolutely no way I would leave a child of that age alone, no way. I don't think I would consider a predator at large but I would be thinking they could choke, wake up and walk out and fall in the pool, what about fire? Sorry, but it's madness to me.

Not forgetting that her younger siblings were left as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024