Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt 04:42 - May 4 with 1042 viewsRyorry

In case anyone was thinking of bidding in the live auction

Overnight news reports are that online bids so far have taken it to this new level (which seems an obscene amount of money to me, I just hope Hodge gives some of the proceeds to charity)

https://www.espn.co.uk/espn/story/_/id/33827250/where-diego-maradona-hand-god-sh

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 09:57 - May 4 with 869 viewsfarkenhell

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 11:08 - May 4 with 825 viewsRyorry

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 09:57 - May 4 by farkenhell

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 12:41 - May 4 with 767 viewsRyorry

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 09:57 - May 4 by farkenhell

My thoughts exactly btw. The whole thing still infuriates me!

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:08 - May 4 with 741 viewsMattinLondon

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 12:41 - May 4 by Ryorry

My thoughts exactly btw. The whole thing still infuriates me!

Why?
Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:12 - May 4 with 735 viewsRyorry

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:08 - May 4 by MattinLondon

Why?

Injustice always gets me!

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:13 - May 4 with 729 viewsMattinLondon

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:12 - May 4 by Ryorry

Sorry..what do you mean injustice?
Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:16 - May 4 with 719 viewsSTYG

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:12 - May 4 by Ryorry

There was this little talked about moment when Diego may have slightly cheated. I assume that's what you're talking about!

I remember watching it and being absolutely livid. Mind you, if we'd have done what Argentina would have done and brought him down on the halfway line prior to the second goal, we'd have possibly gone on to progress.

I had no real issue with Maradona cheating after a while, same as I don't remember Henry for what he did to Ireland, but the whole gloating about it annoyed me, although given the very recent history with Argentina at that time, you can understand that to a degree - whether Diego was ultimately right or wrong.
Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:31 - May 4 with 703 viewsMattinLondon

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:16 - May 4 by STYG

There was this little talked about moment when Diego may have slightly cheated. I assume that's what you're talking about!

I remember watching it and being absolutely livid. Mind you, if we'd have done what Argentina would have done and brought him down on the halfway line prior to the second goal, we'd have possibly gone on to progress.

I had no real issue with Maradona cheating after a while, same as I don't remember Henry for what he did to Ireland, but the whole gloating about it annoyed me, although given the very recent history with Argentina at that time, you can understand that to a degree - whether Diego was ultimately right or wrong.

I wasn’t sure if the injustice comment was about that or the fact that 6 million for a shirt is a tad expensive.

Not for one second do I think that he thought he would actually get away with it. It was so blatant, so clear cut that it wasn’t even cheating. He wheeled away more in sheer audacity than thinking the goal would be allowed.

Now fast forward to the second half and I think it was Fenwick who smashed his elbow into his face - now that, in my opinion at least, was much much worse as that incident could have led to ending Diego’s career. But no one mentions that as cheating.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 13:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:45 - May 4 with 687 viewsSTYG

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:31 - May 4 by MattinLondon

I wasn’t sure if the injustice comment was about that or the fact that 6 million for a shirt is a tad expensive.

Not for one second do I think that he thought he would actually get away with it. It was so blatant, so clear cut that it wasn’t even cheating. He wheeled away more in sheer audacity than thinking the goal would be allowed.

Now fast forward to the second half and I think it was Fenwick who smashed his elbow into his face - now that, in my opinion at least, was much much worse as that incident could have led to ending Diego’s career. But no one mentions that as cheating.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 13:32]

English rose tinted glasses are always the best.

I'm English and there are certain things I'm proud about and a lot that I'm not necessarily that happy with, but anything remotely hypocritical gets right up my hooter.

The ability to decide we should have a penalty for a questionable handball whilst being adamant all six of the other teams goals should have been ruled out is so irritating in modern football fans.

As you say Maradona didn't think he'd get away with it, then he did and he milked it for all it was worth. People hide behind him deserving what Fenwick dished out when it was a lot more calculated.

It never changes though. A Newcastle fan urinated on a Sunderland statue and fans actually gave out the guys address and were justifying people going to sort him out on the basis he'd done something disgusting in the first place. Genuinely how most England fans at the time justified assaults on Maradona afterwards.
Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:55 - May 4 with 661 viewsRyorry

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:16 - May 4 by STYG

Precisely!

Obviously I don't condone elbows or any other violent 'afters'.

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 14:01 - May 4 with 648 viewsMattinLondon

Bids of £6million+ now needed to acquire Maradona's 'HandOfGod' shirt on 13:45 - May 4 by STYG

English rose tinted glasses are always the best.

I'm English and there are certain things I'm proud about and a lot that I'm not necessarily that happy with, but anything remotely hypocritical gets right up my hooter.

The ability to decide we should have a penalty for a questionable handball whilst being adamant all six of the other teams goals should have been ruled out is so irritating in modern football fans.

As you say Maradona didn't think he'd get away with it, then he did and he milked it for all it was worth. People hide behind him deserving what Fenwick dished out when it was a lot more calculated.

It never changes though. A Newcastle fan urinated on a Sunderland statue and fans actually gave out the guys address and were justifying people going to sort him out on the basis he'd done something disgusting in the first place. Genuinely how most England fans at the time justified assaults on Maradona afterwards.

I agree with all you said. But considering the handball was 36 years ago suggests that being irrational isn’t just a modern thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024