Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 11:12 - May 4 with 893 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Bakinson- brilliant goal. on 11:38 - May 4 with 836 viewsParsley

Was a nice goal, I love how he seemed to just guide it towards goal but it just pinged into the back of the net.

I'm not against him signing but I'd like to see us sign a midfielder who is competing with Evans and Morsy for a starting spot rather than just those two will play and then if one of them is injured/suspended then we can look at who's up next. With Carroll going as well I think there's room for a quality addition. Maybe Bakinson can be that player but I feel like there could be better options.
Bakinson- brilliant goal. on 11:39 - May 4 with 834 viewsBarcaBlue

I like him but also think we need an upgrade on Evans to partner Morsy. That would leave those two and ElMiz as more than adequate backups and competition. Maybe that's one too many, so Bakinson arriving could mean ElMiz missing out and that would be a real shame.

If McKenna feels we don't need an upgrade then signing Bakinson makes sense and I'd be happy with that.
Bakinson- brilliant goal. on 11:52 - May 4 with 796 viewsSteve_M

Yes, and watching that ball curve from the lower north was a great view of it.

I like him, has a bit of everything for a midfielder and settled in quickly despite playing with four different central midfield partners very early on. I would sign him because he's been here and knows the club rather than trying to get a better player in.

Only downside of that is it pushes El Mizouni down the order a bit, and Harper too but it's - at best - 50/50 if he comes back and does anything in pre-season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bakinson- brilliant goal. on 12:02 - May 4 with 767 viewsBigCommon

I'd like him to sign.. McKenna has already done a lot of work on him... He's grown better, and better .game by game, imo... He won't need a settling in period, like a new signing.. And he's a definite up grade on El Miz... He's growing with confidence, having gotten more used to our set up, coaches, team mates, etc.. He's a good age, with room to improve and would have some value in terms of a sell on fee, further down the line.... He ticks a lot of boxes for me... He looks a bit more bullish, compared to his first few games. Not getting knocked off the ball as much. Again, probably sign of growing confidence and some rough edges coached out of him.... I'm sure we will recruit in that position.. I don't mind at all if it's TB.... He left Br Cty, under a bit of a cloud when he came here on loan. Pearson said some choice words about him... If Pearson remains in charge there, I could see Ty moving on....
Bakinson- brilliant goal. on 12:02 - May 4 with 765 viewsNthQldITFC

Definitely sign him. You could see he had great attributes when he arrived, he's improved significantly through the last few months, and he's got real headroom for development too. Definitely sign him.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Bakinson- brilliant goal. on 12:03 - May 4 with 756 viewsChurchman

He’s young, got a bit about him. I wouldn’t break the bank for him but overall, a yes from me.
Bakinson- brilliant goal. on 14:25 - May 4 with 615 viewsBlueBadger

Definitely worth keeping on. Seemed rather limited when first came in but has clearly benefitted from McKenna's coaching and formed a decent partnership with Morsy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bakinson- brilliant goal. on 14:39 - May 4 with 586 viewsDevereuxxx

I was one of his biggest detractors at first, but he has certainly come on a lot in a short period of time. He can still be a little slow and his passing wayward, but he offers an element of technicality which is useful at this level, has room to develop further, and did start to form a partnership with Morsy. Grabbed a couple of goals as well.

In my mind, it has to be Morsy, Evans, Bakinson + 1 other as the primary choices. Then with El Mizouni, Harper and Humphreys being rotated in as and when needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024