Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? 11:34 - May 4 with 1035 viewsParsley

Not sure how my train of thought got to this but I think Kieron Dyer would be a great fit to be manager of Brett Johnson's new team in Rhode Island.

In one of his interviews after becoming owner he said "I have to be sensitive to my partners in Ipswich, but I’m keen on seeing if there’s a young coach that oversees the academy that would make sense to move to Rhode Island, have him or her bring five to seven of the best and brightest, and put them into that market because he or she’s been working with them for years now, then surround them with a phenomenal additional cohort of great USL talent and see what that looks like."

Kieron is obviously not at the club now so there's no conflict with taking a coach away from Ipswich. When he left it seemed that one of the reasons was due to having to fit into the culture that was being imposed at the club but this would be a great opportunity to set his own culture at a brand new club. He has a fantastic relationship with the young players at Ipswich and was having success with the U23s so would seem an ideal candidate to develop a group of promising players, and it could be a good development opportunity for some of our youth prospects as well. Kieron needs an opportunity to get into management if that's still a route he's interested in, and this existing link with the owners makes a lot of sense to me as long as he hasn't burnt too many bridges. If it goes well then the next ITFC manager could be lined up...

Rhode Island are due to start in the USL in spring 2023 so hopefully that gives Kieron time to focus on his health until then. What do people reckon? Any prospect of this happening or am I just daydreaming?
Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? on 11:41 - May 4 with 978 viewsIllinoisblue

If he’s battling a serious health condition right now I doubt he’d want to leave home where he presumably has good reliable doctors who know his condition. Not to mention his medical insurance would be crazy expensive over here.

From a football perspective, Dyer should be aiming higher than the USL if he’s serious about coaching.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 11:42]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? on 11:53 - May 4 with 914 viewsArnieM

Unfortunately with KD’s health issues he won’t be leaving the UK anytime soon. Needs to get that sorted if possible , then he can return to the game.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? on 12:00 - May 4 with 884 viewsChurchman

Nice idea for all concerned, but his health would preclude it surely. More likely somebody known like Frank Yallop (great goal at Spurs!) or Jason De Vos (terrific centre half!)will do it.
Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? on 12:29 - May 4 with 790 viewsParsley

Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? on 11:41 - May 4 by Illinoisblue

If he’s battling a serious health condition right now I doubt he’d want to leave home where he presumably has good reliable doctors who know his condition. Not to mention his medical insurance would be crazy expensive over here.

From a football perspective, Dyer should be aiming higher than the USL if he’s serious about coaching.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 11:42]

Looks like I might have got carried away with this one. I don't know all the ins and outs of it but totally agree that his health is the priority.

Out of interest what level would you say the USL is at compared to the English football pyramid?
Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? on 12:36 - May 4 with 761 viewsIllinoisblue

Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? on 12:29 - May 4 by Parsley

Looks like I might have got carried away with this one. I don't know all the ins and outs of it but totally agree that his health is the priority.

Out of interest what level would you say the USL is at compared to the English football pyramid?

USL is, at best, National League standard.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? on 14:01 - May 4 with 624 viewsSharkey

I presume they're obliged to wear red.
Kieron Dyer - Rhode Island manager? on 14:04 - May 4 with 624 viewstractorboy1978

He's a proper Ipswich, family boy. I doubt even if he was in top condition health wise he would want to go over to the US.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024