Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronan Curtis 18:27 - Jun 13 with 1385 viewsParky

Apparently available for £500k. I don’t really know where he’d fit in our side and think at that price, he’ll have Championship interest, but I’ve always liked him.

https://t.co/VYIor2n9Cw
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 18:29]
Ronan Curtis on 19:04 - Jun 13 with 1209 viewsMullet

I like him, but I'm not sure he offers much overall we haven't got bar set pieces. With Evans back in the side it might make spending a fee on him less appealing. I assume we will focus on "premium frees" where we can first and foremost and maybe sell a Woolf or Fridge or Burns every so often to facilitate fees.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ronan Curtis on 19:29 - Jun 13 with 1102 viewsibbleobble

I think it’s a few seasons too late for him to come here now. Could have done with him during the ponderous Lambert era but several years on and on the back of a poor season by his standards, I can’t see it happening.
Ronan Curtis on 19:53 - Jun 13 with 996 viewscressi

Ronan Curtis on 19:29 - Jun 13 by ibbleobble

I think it’s a few seasons too late for him to come here now. Could have done with him during the ponderous Lambert era but several years on and on the back of a poor season by his standards, I can’t see it happening.

Mentioned 2 hrs ago
Only 26 ,but who knows been decent
Ronan Curtis on 19:57 - Jun 13 with 964 viewsParky

Ronan Curtis on 19:04 - Jun 13 by Mullet

I like him, but I'm not sure he offers much overall we haven't got bar set pieces. With Evans back in the side it might make spending a fee on him less appealing. I assume we will focus on "premium frees" where we can first and foremost and maybe sell a Woolf or Fridge or Burns every so often to facilitate fees.

Personally think he’d be ideal for the ‘inside forward’ role Mckenna likes to play. As somebody has rightly pointed out above, still only 26, so could still have his ‘prime’ ahead of him.
Ronan Curtis on 20:01 - Jun 13 with 945 viewsitfcsuth

I’m not so sure. I’ve only ever seen him against us so it’s very limited knowledge, but I’ve never been impressed by him.

I’ve always like Marcus Harness from Pompey when I’ve seen him.
Ronan Curtis on 20:33 - Jun 13 with 836 viewsBlueNomad

I think he has an attitude problem. After Pompey missed out on the 20-21 play-offs following a collapse in the final game he was one of those laughing and drinking just a couple of hours later.

Good player though.
Ronan Curtis on 20:49 - Jun 13 with 768 viewsTomTheWriter

As solid as Curtis can be at times for Pompey, he has a habit of 'doing a Celina' and going invisible too often. He is very similar to Conor Chaplin, in that he looks dangerous in and around the box. With Chappers (finisher) and Aluko (playmaker) the two main attacking midfielders, with Edwards (?) in there as well, we need someone who is going to pick the ball up off the midfield and there first thought being to run at the defender. None of our main 3 from last season did that. Celina did the most, but he dropped WAY too deep and that meant he had to run 30-40 yards just to be in front of a CB

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024