Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Hirst (Striker) 10:46 - Jul 7 with 4538 viewsWallingford_Boy

ZERO goals in 32 games for Rotherham season before last.

Did much better at Sheff Weds last season though (almost 1 in 3).

Answer to our goalscoring problems?

RIP Sir Bobby

George Hirst (Striker) on 14:20 - Jul 7 with 984 viewsBigCommon

It's how he'd perform in an Ipswich shirt in a McKenna system, if he came here, that matters....
Bonne is the perfect counter argument..
Not seen much of Hirst, tbf.. But, from all the write ups, he sounds like a decent all rounder. With scope to improve..
George Hirst (Striker) on 22:59 - Jul 7 with 831 viewsSweetman

The only thing I think here.

Hirst had a slow start for Pompey, granted not as bad as 1 goal in 30 games, but surely similar season to Bonne, just flipped around?

If Bonne had had that purple patch towards the end of last season, people would be crying out to sign him.
George Hirst (Striker) on 23:10 - Jul 7 with 820 viewsBigCommon

George Hirst (Striker) on 22:59 - Jul 7 by Sweetman

The only thing I think here.

Hirst had a slow start for Pompey, granted not as bad as 1 goal in 30 games, but surely similar season to Bonne, just flipped around?

If Bonne had had that purple patch towards the end of last season, people would be crying out to sign him.

Yes, because it would have proved that he can play in a McKenna team system...As it happens, he proved that he can't really play effectively under KM... If you ask me "should we sign bonne", I 'd say no, based on what he did under KM... If we did re-sign him, then I'd get right behind him and trust the decision..... Cook's system that Bonne had a 2 month goal streak in. And McKenna's possession based system, are chalk and cheese imo.. And therefore require different types of player, Hence the current incoming players...
George Hirst (Striker) on 23:12 - Jul 7 with 808 viewsSweetman

George Hirst (Striker) on 23:10 - Jul 7 by BigCommon

Yes, because it would have proved that he can play in a McKenna team system...As it happens, he proved that he can't really play effectively under KM... If you ask me "should we sign bonne", I 'd say no, based on what he did under KM... If we did re-sign him, then I'd get right behind him and trust the decision..... Cook's system that Bonne had a 2 month goal streak in. And McKenna's possession based system, are chalk and cheese imo.. And therefore require different types of player, Hence the current incoming players...

Yeah nah, I wouldn't sign Bonne either, just raising the point.

Definitely different types of player and Hirst's physicality with Jackson's pace could be deadly. I think KJ will get his chance once again in a 2 come the first game.
George Hirst (Striker) on 07:57 - Jul 8 with 664 viewsBlueBoots

George Hirst (Striker) on 23:10 - Jul 7 by BigCommon

Would have Bonne back at the club in a heartbeat - he's been very open about how off-the-field personal problems got into his head and affected his football in the second half of the season, and to say that "he can't really play effectively under KM" is pretty unfair considering how little he played him.

KMcK told Bonne that he rates him, but needed to focus on taking a look at the 3 strikers he had who were ours and under contract (so ended up only giving him 3 starts in our last 15 games)

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

George Hirst (Striker) on 14:03 - Jul 8 with 507 viewsHermansmayo

George Hirst (Striker) on 07:57 - Jul 8 by BlueBoots

Would have Bonne back at the club in a heartbeat - he's been very open about how off-the-field personal problems got into his head and affected his football in the second half of the season, and to say that "he can't really play effectively under KM" is pretty unfair considering how little he played him.

KMcK told Bonne that he rates him, but needed to focus on taking a look at the 3 strikers he had who were ours and under contract (so ended up only giving him 3 starts in our last 15 games)

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/update-emerges-regarding-ipswich-towns-transfe

Bid rejected.
George Hirst (Striker) on 15:54 - Jul 8 with 427 viewsBonneNIL

He's rejected us, so we need to move on.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

George Hirst (Striker) on 15:59 - Jul 8 with 417 viewsSTYG

George Hirst (Striker) on 15:54 - Jul 8 by BonneNIL

He's rejected us, so we need to move on.

No. He hasn't.

Leicester have.

If we bid enough for Leicester to accept the bid, then he will have a chance to reject us.
Login to get fewer ads

George Hirst (Striker) on 16:05 - Jul 8 with 389 viewsBonneNIL

George Hirst (Striker) on 15:59 - Jul 8 by STYG

No. He hasn't.

Leicester have.

If we bid enough for Leicester to accept the bid, then he will have a chance to reject us.

Either way, he's not likely to be here if the price is out of our reach and Championship clubs are bidding, he will choose them over us I expect anyway.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

George Hirst (Striker) on 16:33 - Jul 8 with 369 viewsdirtyboy

George Hirst (Striker) on 16:05 - Jul 8 by BonneNIL

Either way, he's not likely to be here if the price is out of our reach and Championship clubs are bidding, he will choose them over us I expect anyway.

Not if we bid more than a Championship club and Leicester only accept our bid.

Then he may reject us and sit out his contract lol! (doubtful though given he'lll want to play football).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024