Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season? 15:07 - Aug 4 with 786 viewsBlueBlood90

Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season? on 17:13 - Aug 4 with 665 viewsHighgateBlue

Tough call. We have Ball to come back of course, but I find it hard to conclude we definitely have a better squad at today's date. Losing a player of Celina's quality is a big deal in this league. If Leif is as good as hoped, and if our strikers start scoring, then 'this season', but that's a very tough one to call at this very early stage. And how do you assess Bonne when he was so chalk and cheese?

If we sign Hirst, then I would say this season.

Two things are clear:
- We have a better manager than at the start of last season
- We have fewer new players that need to 'gel' than we did last season

Those are reasons why we should expect to come higher than 11th, hope to come in the top six, and dream to come in the top 2.
Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season? on 17:39 - Aug 4 with 639 viewscressi

Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season? on 17:13 - Aug 4 by HighgateBlue

Tough call. We have Ball to come back of course, but I find it hard to conclude we definitely have a better squad at today's date. Losing a player of Celina's quality is a big deal in this league. If Leif is as good as hoped, and if our strikers start scoring, then 'this season', but that's a very tough one to call at this very early stage. And how do you assess Bonne when he was so chalk and cheese?

Two things are clear:

Those are reasons why we should expect to come higher than 11th, hope to come in the top six, and dream to come in the top 2.

More balanced except for strikers
Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season? on 22:24 - Aug 4 with 547 viewsElderGrizzly

Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season? on 17:13 - Aug 4 by HighgateBlue

Two things are clear:

We have a manager having had a full pre-season with this squad. And a definite improvement on the left. That is significant imo.

I’d say we are stronger. Just..,
Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season? on 22:37 - Aug 4 with 536 viewsEly_Blue

Where is the I don’t know button?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season? on 06:34 - Aug 5 with 402 viewsPioneerBlue

I know when you look player for player we might look different from last season but it is different in a good way. KMcK has had time to redefine his squad, select players with attributes and characteristics he wants. He’s completely redesigned the left handside which will impact positively defensively and offensively.

I am one of the voices that says it’s most likely shot at top 6, but top 2 with +1 recognised goal scorer. Until now we are all in on Ladapo and hoping others catch fire to share the load, they will but we can’t be sure. I’ve watched too many football seasons to know a highly paid striker isn’t guaranteed to deliver 20 goals!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024