Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) 22:25 - Oct 29 with 1060 viewssohamblue74

Is my memory playing tricks? We seem to give away late goals that cost us points, far more often than scoring late goals to gain us points. Haven't checked the records but from memory.

Point Gains from late goals:
Last year - equaliser at Morecambe, any others?
This year - ???

Point Losses from late goals
Last year - equaliser at Oxford, any others?
This year - Sheff Weds, Plymouth, Charlton

Maybe I am just a bit pessimistic after the let-down of today.
Do any of the board stattos have access to a more definitive record please?
Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 22:27 - Oct 29 with 1029 viewsFrimleyBlue

If you remove defensive mistakes.. the biggest problem we had we seemed to have got better was managing games out... we started to keep the ball. Slow passing even all the way back to Walton.

Recently though we've had Burns try and run with the ball into the box rather than the corner flag. Morsy today apparently had the opportunity to slow play but he went for goal etc.

We just need to get smarter.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 22:37 - Oct 29 with 996 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You can't really count the 2 we concede today without counting the two we score as well. At 90 mins we were 2-2. At the end it was 4-4. So, today's was equally good and bad.

v Portsmouth 80th minute winner.

Those are it this season. Which also shows that the majority of our points have been from comfortable wins where we haven't needed to turn it around as well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 22:54 - Oct 29 with 952 viewspositivity

from 76 mins on we are 9-8 up, the only injury time goals in our games i can recall are jackson v shrewsbury and ladapo v northampton, none against. neither had a meaningful effect on the outcome though...

if you're counting 75 minutes as late (plymouth), then accrington would surely be in our favour as would pompey

anyone else?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 23:03 - Oct 29 with 916 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 22:54 - Oct 29 by positivity

from 76 mins on we are 9-8 up, the only injury time goals in our games i can recall are jackson v shrewsbury and ladapo v northampton, none against. neither had a meaningful effect on the outcome though...

if you're counting 75 minutes as late (plymouth), then accrington would surely be in our favour as would pompey

anyone else?

Ah, yes I missed Accrington as both goals come in the final 15 minutes. Northampton wasn't in the league. In the cup thingy, Cambridge scored late against us too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 23:07 - Oct 29 with 905 viewspositivity

Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 23:03 - Oct 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ah, yes I missed Accrington as both goals come in the final 15 minutes. Northampton wasn't in the league. In the cup thingy, Cambridge scored late against us too.

yes, certainly better than the early keane days where we seemed to concede late almost every game!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 00:03 - Oct 30 with 853 viewsandytown

Last season Celina v Fleetwood at home
Equaliser at home v Morecambe first day of the season?
Also Celina v Wycombe away (but 3-1 up already)
Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 00:18 - Oct 30 with 818 viewssohamblue74

Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 22:54 - Oct 29 by positivity

anyone else?

Useful data. Thanks for researching and sharing.
9 8 in favour is better than I expected tbh.
Injury time goals - for and against (last 2 seasons) on 07:13 - Oct 30 with 693 viewsleftback

We don’t very often have the opportunity to score last minute goals as our form is too good so we’re usually winning already before it reaches that stage, other than the games where we’ve lost points this season in last minutes as you mention the only opportunity for us to score last minute game changing goals would have been Bolton, Barnsley and Lincoln games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024