Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any memories of this game in similar circumstances to today’s match 09:16 - Nov 7 with 1188 viewsITFC_nostalgia

from 1973?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckp3wfGI4YI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Any memories of this game in similar circumstances to today’s match on 09:34 - Nov 7 with 1118 viewsTrumptonBlue

54:12 into this for some goal action:

Any memories of this game in similar circumstances to today’s match on 09:42 - Nov 7 with 1088 viewspatrickswell

From In Quest of Glory Ipswich Town under Bobby Robson 1969-82.

There was a surprisingly subdued atmosphere for this local derby against Southern League part-timers Chelmsford. Town's early goal settled any nerves they may have had and a series of good saves by Laurie Taylor kept the score within reasonable bounds. Seventeen year old John Peddelty made a calm debut in place of the injured Kevin Beattie.

Chelmsford (manager Dave Bumpstead) Taylor, Coakley, Gomersall, Delea, Loughton, Tomkins, Lewis, Price (Thornley 76), Woolcott, Peterson & Dilsworth.

Ipswich - Best, Mills, Harper, Morris, Hunter, Peddelty, Hamilton, Viljoen, Johnson, Whymark & Lambert

Goals - Harper (9), Johnson ((35), Hamilton (75), Woolcott (89)
Referee - I P Jones (Treharris)
Attendance - 15,557
Any memories of this game in similar circumstances to today’s match on 13:36 - Nov 7 with 971 viewsmonty_radio

I don't have much of a memory of the game itself (did Colin Harper score, perhaps?). But I do remember a Health and Safety infringement that would give 2022 a collective heart attack - namely, after the match, as the crowd massed towards a gate that remained resolutely shut, many, myself and wife-to-be included, climbed out of the ground over an umanned turnstile.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Any memories of this game in similar circumstances to today’s match on 14:08 - Nov 7 with 940 viewscarlisleaway

Any memories of this game in similar circumstances to today’s match on 09:34 - Nov 7 by TrumptonBlue

54:12 into this for some goal action:

Was at that game, if my memory serves me right it was Beatties debut !!!!
Any memories of this game in similar circumstances to today’s match on 14:51 - Nov 7 with 898 viewsBeattie78

Any memories of this game in similar circumstances to today’s match on 14:08 - Nov 7 by carlisleaway

Was at that game, if my memory serves me right it was Beatties debut !!!!

Surely his debut was the first game of that season at Old Trafford when he marked Goerge Best out of the game.

LexdenBlue62

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024