Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. 17:31 - Jan 2 with 826 viewsWestcountryblue

It's clear that we're a well coached side, who has a clear identity and play great football, but i think the time has come to make a few tough decisions in the squad.
I'm a huge supporter of McKenna and the leadership team at PR, but i think if we want to finish in the top 2, we perhaps need to be a little more ruthless on and off the pitch.

Is Ladapo good enough to first choice for a top 2 club at this level? History would argue probably not.

Jackson...2 goals in 23 appearances. Is that really good enough for our second choice striker?

Aluko is a great player to watch, but are the numbers there?

Do Donacien and KVY offer the same level of threat and quality on the right side that Leif Davis offers on the other flank?

Are we getting the best out of Edwards, who has a high ceiling in terms of his ability?

Do we have a plan B or C against the low press?

I think we'll be fine this season and Ashton won't leave anything to chance. However, McKenna will have to make tough calls on players (players that he has coached and developed into better players) to take us to that next level. We need quality up top and more of a killer instinct.
Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. on 17:42 - Jan 2 with 769 viewsFacefacts

Unfortunately you have to play these teams Lincoln, Wycombe and many more, on their own level, they won't let you beat them without a fight. We are not up for a fight, we are coached to play football. The cheating goes to higher and higher levels all the time, and we just can't cope with it. Referees will buy the penalties where the attacking player initiates the contact. The quality you are talking about doesn't play in Lge One, it can't be brought in. That's why I think there is a high probability we won't go up and may need to look for another type of manager.
Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. on 17:43 - Jan 2 with 764 viewsWestcountryblue

Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. on 17:42 - Jan 2 by Facefacts

Unfortunately you have to play these teams Lincoln, Wycombe and many more, on their own level, they won't let you beat them without a fight. We are not up for a fight, we are coached to play football. The cheating goes to higher and higher levels all the time, and we just can't cope with it. Referees will buy the penalties where the attacking player initiates the contact. The quality you are talking about doesn't play in Lge One, it can't be brought in. That's why I think there is a high probability we won't go up and may need to look for another type of manager.

McKenna is great. However, i think the point has arrived where he needs to make tough calls on players.
Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. on 18:01 - Jan 2 with 702 viewsketton_itfc

The one thing we lack is physicality and muscle up top. Push the boat out for an experienced No 9, someone mentioned Andreas Wiemann which maybe above what we can do but thats the type. Remember Aaron Wilbraham? He's exactly the type what we need. When things are not going our way and we're lumping in the box we need someone to get on the end of those balls and get the likes of Harness and Chaplin on those 2nd balls.
Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. on 18:07 - Jan 2 with 683 viewscressi

You are right eith what you say I've said for weeks we are 4 quality players short at mo
Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. on 18:11 - Jan 2 with 652 viewsnoggin

Trying to play Premier League football with League 1 players. No excuses for not beating 10 men today.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. on 18:12 - Jan 2 with 652 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Whilst I agree with much of what you say, "Is Ladapo good enough to first choice for a top 2 club at this level? History would argue probably not."

How does getting promoted from this division twice in the past 3 seasons and playing in the Championship for the other one argue that he is probably not? He may well need more around him but he played 62 League 1 matches scoring 25 League 1 goals for Rotherham in 2 promotion seasons as well as 42 matches scoring 9 goals in the Championship.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. on 18:16 - Jan 2 with 616 viewsWestcountryblue

Pretty, well coached, good football, but wasteful and lacking a bit of quality.. on 18:12 - Jan 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Whilst I agree with much of what you say, "Is Ladapo good enough to first choice for a top 2 club at this level? History would argue probably not."

How does getting promoted from this division twice in the past 3 seasons and playing in the Championship for the other one argue that he is probably not? He may well need more around him but he played 62 League 1 matches scoring 25 League 1 goals for Rotherham in 2 promotion seasons as well as 42 matches scoring 9 goals in the Championship.

I think Ladapo is a good option, but probably not quite good enough as our 1st choice striker. When he was at Rotherham, he played second fiddle to Michael Smith who is now doing the business for Sheff Wed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024