Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another reason to hate West Ham 09:26 - Mar 4 with 1346 viewsBeattie78

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/03/west-ham-used-club-money-to-don

LexdenBlue62

Another reason to hate West Ham on 10:29 - Mar 4 with 1158 viewsBlueBadger

I'm sure all your down voters can tell us whether it's the bigotry, the corruption, the incompetence or the criminality that appeals to them most about the Conservative party.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another reason to hate West Ham on 10:33 - Mar 4 with 1132 viewsBlueBadger

Another reason to hate West Ham on 10:29 - Mar 4 by BlueBadger

I'm sure all your down voters can tell us whether it's the bigotry, the corruption, the incompetence or the criminality that appeals to them most about the Conservative party.

As an aside note, in that article this bit stood out a bit.

'The club’s co-owner David Sullivan last month called the government “incompetent” in an angry response to plans to establish a regulator for English football.

“A football regulator is a terrible idea,” Sullivan said. “The government are terrible at running everything. Look at the mess this country is in. We pay the highest taxes ever for the worst service from the worst government that I’ve seen in my lifetime … Why does an incompetent government think it will improve things. In every area this government is involved in, it has added staff for a worse service.'

He's right but also wrong because -

A - Football totally needs an independent regulator - everything is currently run by and for the benefit of Premier League clubs
B - I don't recall the current administration adding staff to any kind of public body
C - They ARE incompetent and the worst government ever, though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Another reason to hate West Ham on 10:40 - Mar 4 with 1112 viewsBlueBadger

Another reason to hate West Ham on 10:29 - Mar 4 by BlueBadger

Ah, trncblearmy is Duty DaveU then. Come on then - what is it?

The open corruption, the bigotry, the incompetence, the lying or the criminality?

Another reason to hate West Ham on 10:45 - Mar 4 with 1102 viewsGlasgowBlue

You’ll be devastated to discover that ITFC’s founder, Thomas Cobbold, was a Tory MP, and our beloved Mr John fought 3 elections as a Conservative candidate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another reason to hate West Ham on 10:53 - Mar 4 with 1027 viewsGeoffSentence

So West Ham are using some of their state subsidies to give money to the tories. That about it?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Another reason to hate West Ham on 11:01 - Mar 4 with 998 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I guess the Conservatives and West Ham have a fair bit in common, incompetent, break the rules (Tevez), and both shamelessly help themselves to taxpayers money.
Another reason to hate West Ham on 11:02 - Mar 4 with 994 viewsBlueBadger

Another reason to hate West Ham on 10:53 - Mar 4 by GeoffSentence

So West Ham are using some of their state subsidies to give money to the tories. That about it?

Pretty sure the Tories have strong views about people scrounging off the state.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 13:03]

Another reason to hate West Ham on 11:18 - Mar 4 with 954 viewsleitrimblue

Another reason to hate West Ham on 11:01 - Mar 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I guess the Conservatives and West Ham have a fair bit in common, incompetent, break the rules (Tevez), and both shamelessly help themselves to taxpayers money.

Abd both supported by knobs?
Login to get fewer ads

Another reason to hate West Ham on 11:37 - Mar 4 with 872 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another reason to hate West Ham on 10:45 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

You’ll be devastated to discover that ITFC’s founder, Thomas Cobbold, was a Tory MP, and our beloved Mr John fought 3 elections as a Conservative candidate.

Weird downvote of facts from Matt.

Our most successful period was when we were run by Etonian Tories. Our least successful period was when we were run by a Lib/Dem spiv.

I need to check out the political leanings of our American owners.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another reason to hate West Ham on 13:36 - Mar 4 with 600 viewsTonytown

Another reason to hate West Ham on 11:37 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

Weird downvote of facts from Matt.

Our most successful period was when we were run by Etonian Tories. Our least successful period was when we were run by a Lib/Dem spiv.

I need to check out the political leanings of our American owners.

Tory boy being Tory boy again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024