Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hirst 09:18 - Apr 8 with 842 viewstractorboy1978

You can really see now why McKenna was so keen on him in the summer and willing to pay a couple of million quid. He's got a bit of everything about his game - pace, touch, link up, hold up, can finish, decent in the air. Definitely the type of striker that is only going to get better working with McKenna and could be worth a fortune in a couple of years time. A shame we couldn't get him permanently last summer.
Hirst on 09:21 - Apr 8 with 794 viewsStewart27

I really really hope we get him this summer.

Honestly if we go up I think we only need to get Hirst and Luongo on long term contracts and I’d be happy if it was our only business.
Hirst on 09:31 - Apr 8 with 752 viewshammo56

Have to be honest and say when we signed him on loan I really couldn’t see why KM was so keen on him. He had really struggled at Blackburn and had hardly got any game time there. Also, yes he had a good scoring spell at Pompey for a time but apart from that had hardly been prolific besides that during his career so far.
However, he has come on leaps and bounds in the past month or so and you can see why KM was so keen on him. The only concern I have is if he continues to improve will we be able to afford the asking price Leicester will ask for him? Does anybody know how long he has left on his contract with them?
Hirst on 09:36 - Apr 8 with 706 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hirst on 09:31 - Apr 8 by hammo56

Have to be honest and say when we signed him on loan I really couldn’t see why KM was so keen on him. He had really struggled at Blackburn and had hardly got any game time there. Also, yes he had a good scoring spell at Pompey for a time but apart from that had hardly been prolific besides that during his career so far.
However, he has come on leaps and bounds in the past month or so and you can see why KM was so keen on him. The only concern I have is if he continues to improve will we be able to afford the asking price Leicester will ask for him? Does anybody know how long he has left on his contract with them?

He's just signed a new one, in response to us trying to buy him. So he'll be on a lot of money and potentially out of our league.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hirst on 09:42 - Apr 8 with 660 viewsdanger_matt

Hirst on 09:31 - Apr 8 by hammo56

Internet says he’s on 16k a week until 2025 at Leicester, who knows if that’s accurate tho. Seems unlikely we’d get him if true I’d have thought? Particularly if Leicester go down.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 9:44]
Hirst on 09:46 - Apr 8 with 609 viewsBuffaloBill

Dare I say it, a natural finisher, just needed confidence.

5 mill in the summer and he's ours.

Now just need those fire-fighters to work a few extra years into retirement.

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Hirst on 09:49 - Apr 8 with 583 viewsITFCBlues

Hirst on 09:46 - Apr 8 by BuffaloBill

Dare I say it, a natural finisher, just needed confidence.

5 mill in the summer and he's ours.

Now just need those fire-fighters to work a few extra years into retirement.

5m buys one leg. Blackburn had a buy clause of 12m in their loan I believe so sadly, he's probably out of our range.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024