Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. 18:41 - May 5 with 8588 viewsSitfcB

Hopefully won’t concern us but blimey, a lot more games to be televised.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-announces-landmark-broadcasting-deal-with-

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 17:55 - May 6 with 798 viewsJ2BLUE

The lack of 3pm kick offs is sad. It would have been better to give each team a few 3pm blackout overrides based on games they think will sell out anyway.

Based on percentage of games shown, 60% of home games (14 games) will not be 3pm Sat kick offs. We may also see Town on Sky more if we play good football and get results. So let's say 16 games on Sky. 7 home Saturday 3pms.

Might see a fair amount of Thursday night games throughout the league as they try and put a dent in BT's Europe coverage.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:02 - May 6 with 720 viewsDublinBlue84

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 17:55 - May 6 by J2BLUE

The lack of 3pm kick offs is sad. It would have been better to give each team a few 3pm blackout overrides based on games they think will sell out anyway.

Based on percentage of games shown, 60% of home games (14 games) will not be 3pm Sat kick offs. We may also see Town on Sky more if we play good football and get results. So let's say 16 games on Sky. 7 home Saturday 3pms.

Might see a fair amount of Thursday night games throughout the league as they try and put a dent in BT's Europe coverage.

It makes no sense to me, they say they are doing it to protect the 3.00pm kick offs, whilst essentially moving a large number of matches from those times.

Honestly I think the gates may suffer more from the approach of moving the games from 3.00pm than it would have done by having some games on TV, since there will be people who would go to a 3.00pm game that is on TV than would be able to go to a night match or one at a crazy time.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Agree with that on 19:29 - May 6 with 691 viewsDyland

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:02 - May 6 by DublinBlue84

It makes no sense to me, they say they are doing it to protect the 3.00pm kick offs, whilst essentially moving a large number of matches from those times.

Honestly I think the gates may suffer more from the approach of moving the games from 3.00pm than it would have done by having some games on TV, since there will be people who would go to a 3.00pm game that is on TV than would be able to go to a night match or one at a crazy time.

I'd still go to 3pm Saturday games even if they're on telly. 4pm on a Sunday? Hmmm. Double the week night 19.45 ones? Nah fook off Sky. I like the odd Tuesday night under the lights but not every week ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Agree with that on 19:52 - May 6 with 635 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree with that on 19:29 - May 6 by Dyland

I'd still go to 3pm Saturday games even if they're on telly. 4pm on a Sunday? Hmmm. Double the week night 19.45 ones? Nah fook off Sky. I like the odd Tuesday night under the lights but not every week ffs.

Apparently they are going to share the games out equally.

So if you think it will be 14 home games televised and two of those will be Sunday kick offs against Norwich if they can avoid going down that leaves 12 games. Some will likely be Saturday lunch time to challenge the BT Prem slot and others could be late Sat or Sunday games so might only be 8-10 games in the evening.

Still not great, I know.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Agree with that on 20:03 - May 6 with 626 viewsDyland

Agree with that on 19:52 - May 6 by J2BLUE

Apparently they are going to share the games out equally.

So if you think it will be 14 home games televised and two of those will be Sunday kick offs against Norwich if they can avoid going down that leaves 12 games. Some will likely be Saturday lunch time to challenge the BT Prem slot and others could be late Sat or Sunday games so might only be 8-10 games in the evening.

Still not great, I know.

Yeh, not gonna get cross about it until such time it spanners my attendance.

"... if they can avoid going down..."

Heh.

Or we avoid going up on a double bounce :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Agree with that on 20:21 - May 6 with 592 viewscressi

Agree with that on 20:03 - May 6 by Dyland

Yeh, not gonna get cross about it until such time it spanners my attendance.

"... if they can avoid going down..."

Heh.

Or we avoid going up on a double bounce :)

I probably won't renew if this is the case as I have no intention of going Fri sat evenings Sundays
Or Mondays I will stream and give sky sweet FA miss it but I also have other things I wish to do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024