Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. 18:41 - May 5 with 8590 viewsSitfcB

Hopefully won’t concern us but blimey, a lot more games to be televised.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-announces-landmark-broadcasting-deal-with-

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 22:15 - May 5 with 2610 viewsFrimleyBlue

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:47 - May 5 by cressi

Being honest if it ends up been Friday nights , Sat nights ,Sundays and midweek I would have to consider would I keep my season due to other commitments not really what I signed up for see where this goes .

I do feel for the normal attendees. If half the games are on TV. That's not alot of 3pm kickoff happening.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 23:57 - May 5 with 2518 viewsChocorange

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 22:07 - May 5 by DublinBlue84

Anyone who has to travel a fair distance this will make it unpalatable for Sunday night games if they have work in the morning. And as for those who don't drive with the poor public transport in and around Suffolk on Sunday's and evenings, it might make a season ticket no longer worthwhile.

The good thing about Saturday afternoons is they are accessible almost universally no matter where people come from however they travel to games. The new arrangement will be totally different.

Make no mistake, this is a deal that is focused around what Sky want, not what works for supporters.

This will affect away fans hugely, numbers will reduce if games are at times where you can’t get back on public transport , number of kids and next generation of fans will also not be able to If away matches are moved to Friday or Monday evenings as at school.

The money split is interesting too, if I read it right 80% is going to championship teams , so that’s around 750 million of the 935 million, divided by 24 it’s just over 30 million each …. So 6 million a year for 5 years , can’t say this deal looks good at all in any way you look at it..
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 01:33 - May 6 with 2452 viewsBathBlue

This really sucks. Living in South East Asia those evening games are tricky. Getting up at 1.30am to watch Town recently has been fine as there’s been so much riding on the games. Not sure I’d want to do it most weeks though.

Will be a real ball ache for away fans as well. Planning away weekends far in advance will go out of the window.

Hopefully we’ll be in the Premiership by then and it won’t have any impact on us!
Fook Murdoch and fook Sky on 08:28 - May 6 with 2318 viewsDyland

Saturation football and kick off times spannered. All very well for the armchair fans of this world, fook all good for people who go to games, especially ones coming from further afield. But hey, fook the real fans innit. Sky canutes.

Er, COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 09:18 - May 6 with 2229 viewsFreddies_Ears

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 01:33 - May 6 by BathBlue

This really sucks. Living in South East Asia those evening games are tricky. Getting up at 1.30am to watch Town recently has been fine as there’s been so much riding on the games. Not sure I’d want to do it most weeks though.

Will be a real ball ache for away fans as well. Planning away weekends far in advance will go out of the window.

Hopefully we’ll be in the Premiership by then and it won’t have any impact on us!

The Saturday TV games are likely to be 1230 ko, which isn't so bad though hits club bar sales quite a bit.
Fook Murdoch and fook Sky on 09:22 - May 6 with 2226 viewsFunge

Fook Murdoch and fook Sky on 08:28 - May 6 by Dyland

Saturation football and kick off times spannered. All very well for the armchair fans of this world, fook all good for people who go to games, especially ones coming from further afield. But hey, fook the real fans innit. Sky canutes.

Er, COYFB

Exactly this.

I take a look at LoftForWords (QPR site) on a semi-regular basis - Clive Whittingham writes bloody brilliantly on that site - nonsense kick-off times are a recurring theme within his articles.

Looking forward to an 8pm kick-off on a Friday night in Teesside, lovely. Be even worse season after next when we're in the Prem.

Fck Sky.
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 09:25 - May 6 with 2222 viewsFunge

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 22:15 - May 5 by FrimleyBlue

I do feel for the normal attendees. If half the games are on TV. That's not alot of 3pm kickoff happening.

'I do feel for the normal attendees...'

... or fans, as everyone else calls them.
Fook Murdoch and fook Sky on 09:27 - May 6 with 2212 viewsbrogansnose

Fook Murdoch and fook Sky on 08:28 - May 6 by Dyland

Er, COYFB

I always knew that when we got promoted to the Prem I would actually be unable to go to a lot of games because of the timing and days matches would be played , but in the Championship ! How the hell are we supposed to arrange all this around work and family ?

Cheers Sky, you've taken a massive dump in my life. I hope their cocks drop off.
Login to get fewer ads

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 09:28 - May 6 with 2204 viewsSenatorBlue

We’ll be in the Premier League before this deal kicks in…
Aye, top notch fanzine that on 09:30 - May 6 with 2191 viewsDyland

Fook Murdoch and fook Sky on 09:22 - May 6 by Funge

Exactly this.

I take a look at LoftForWords (QPR site) on a semi-regular basis - Clive Whittingham writes bloody brilliantly on that site - nonsense kick-off times are a recurring theme within his articles.

Looking forward to an 8pm kick-off on a Friday night in Teesside, lovely. Be even worse season after next when we're in the Prem.

Fck Sky.

Clive's a proper good journo innit.

"I hope their cocks drop off" on 09:31 - May 6 with 2186 viewsDyland

Fook Murdoch and fook Sky on 09:27 - May 6 by brogansnose

I always knew that when we got promoted to the Prem I would actually be unable to go to a lot of games because of the timing and days matches would be played , but in the Championship ! How the hell are we supposed to arrange all this around work and family ?

Cheers Sky, you've taken a massive dump in my life. I hope their cocks drop off.

A commendable notion, Mr Brogers.

Arf! on 09:32 - May 6 with 2183 viewsDyland

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 09:25 - May 6 by Funge

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 09:38 - May 6 with 2166 viewsTrumptonBlue

It’s absolutely correct to blame Sky, but don’t overlook the fact that the clubs voted it through unanimously. Not too much consideration for fans on show from them either.
Fook Murdoch and fook Sky on 10:07 - May 6 with 2106 viewspatrickswell

Fook Murdoch and fook Sky on 09:22 - May 6 by Funge

Exactly this.

Fck Sky.

The one he did about the time when the draw for the Carabao Cup took place at 3am UK time is a masterpiece.
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 10:21 - May 6 with 2060 viewsFrimleyBlue

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 09:25 - May 6 by Funge

Or customers. As Evans called them.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 10:31 - May 6 with 2058 viewsOldsmoker

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:26 - May 5 by skinnybob72

5/12 Championship games televised every weekend!

Basically almost half of every teams games will not be at 3pm on a Saturday is how I’m reading this. In theory if we are doing well and SKY see our games as being attractive to fatties sitting in their armchair we could end up with single figures home games at 3pm on a Saturday. That sucks.

Skinnybob72 pretending to join in a discussion about Sky when he's actually having a go at couch potatoes.
I can't help being a fatty, I'm on a see-food diet.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 10:36 - May 6 with 2050 viewsMark

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 23:57 - May 5 by Chocorange

This will affect away fans hugely, numbers will reduce if games are at times where you can’t get back on public transport , number of kids and next generation of fans will also not be able to If away matches are moved to Friday or Monday evenings as at school.

The money split is interesting too, if I read it right 80% is going to championship teams , so that’s around 750 million of the 935 million, divided by 24 it’s just over 30 million each …. So 6 million a year for 5 years , can’t say this deal looks good at all in any way you look at it..

I thought when we were relegated from the Championship we were told we would lose £7m TV income?

How equally will the money be divided? We know Sky like to show bigger teams.

No doubt clubs will pump out the LED betting adverts to maximise revenue.
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 11:00 - May 6 with 2015 viewsRoola

If there's no ifollow, and ipswichtv won't be able to stream sky games, I guess that means without sky we can't watch? Is it possible to pay per view for sky without having a sky contract? I don't watch much television so never bothered with sky but would pay to watch town games. Does NowTV do something like that?
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 11:14 - May 6 with 2003 viewsSheffordBlue

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 11:00 - May 6 by Roola

If there's no ifollow, and ipswichtv won't be able to stream sky games, I guess that means without sky we can't watch? Is it possible to pay per view for sky without having a sky contract? I don't watch much television so never bothered with sky but would pay to watch town games. Does NowTV do something like that?

You can get day passes for both NOW TV and Sky Sports

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 11:41 - May 6 with 1957 viewsDaninthecampo

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 11:00 - May 6 by Roola

The article mentions a sky streaming destination which sounds like a new way to watch they may even stream more than 1 game at the same time which may help with the different times

Just read on BBC that all midweek games will be shown live on Sky!
[Post edited 6 May 2023 12:59]
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 13:51 - May 6 with 1854 viewspeterleeblue

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:26 - May 5 by skinnybob72

5/12 Championship games televised every weekend!

Basically almost half of every teams games will not be at 3pm on a Saturday is how I’m reading this. In theory if we are doing well and SKY see our games as being attractive to fatties sitting in their armchair we could end up with single figures home games at 3pm on a Saturday. That sucks.

I would suggest that's highly likely.
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 15:12 - May 6 with 1797 viewsMark

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 11:14 - May 6 by SheffordBlue

You can get day passes for both NOW TV and Sky Sports

A Now TV Sky Sports day pass is usually £12. Month passes are £35 but are often on offer for about £20. For full HD, a better frame rate and three screens at once rather than one, the HD Boost is £6 a month extra but often on offer at £2.

Whichever option, we are bombarded with advertising before, during and after the match.
[Post edited 6 May 2023 15:18]
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 15:15 - May 6 with 1790 viewsDJR

Anyone know what the situation next season will be in the Championship, so as to have a rough idea of how many non-Saturday 3pm kick offs we could be involved in?

In this regard, we will presumably less of a TV catch than, say, Everton. So I wonder, for example, how many West Brom games have been featured on Sky this season.
[Post edited 6 May 2023 15:20]
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 15:27 - May 6 with 1766 viewsronnyd

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:26 - May 5 by DublinBlue84

Have to say that the good thing about Saturday afternoons is they are easily accessible for people from distances and whatever transport they use.

The effect of playing games at unusual times could be the difference between making it viable or even possible to come to a game or not.

Feels like the league have sold the fans out here out of desperation for the biggest pot of money.

Sky and the EFL don't give a sh!t about the travelling fans.
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 17:42 - May 6 with 1661 viewsDJR

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 15:15 - May 6 by DJR

Anyone know what the situation next season will be in the Championship, so as to have a rough idea of how many non-Saturday 3pm kick offs we could be involved in?

In this regard, we will presumably less of a TV catch than, say, Everton. So I wonder, for example, how many West Brom games have been featured on Sky this season.
[Post edited 6 May 2023 15:20]

I've found out the answer to my own question. This season West Bromwich appeared on Sky Sports fifteen times. That's the same number as Norwich.

So next season, we could maybe expect to do much the same, unless we do very poorly.

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/upcoming-tv-games/?fullseason=true
[Post edited 6 May 2023 17:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024