Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan struggling yet again 12:24 - May 6 with 1948 viewsIllinoisblue

They seem do this every month

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wigan struggling yet again on 12:56 - May 6 with 1768 viewsgtsb1966

Administration very soon I reckon. Can't see them getting through the summer with no gate receipts.
Wigan struggling yet again on 13:03 - May 6 with 1726 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Wigan struggling yet again on 12:56 - May 6 by gtsb1966

Administration very soon I reckon. Can't see them getting through the summer with no gate receipts.

Another points deduction too? Not that it'll make any difference at this stage.

The EFL/FA sure do have some questions to answer about why the 'fit and proper persons' check fails so regularly and apparently so straight forwardly

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Wigan struggling yet again on 13:05 - May 6 with 1723 viewsgtsb1966

Wigan struggling yet again on 13:03 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Another points deduction too? Not that it'll make any difference at this stage.

The EFL/FA sure do have some questions to answer about why the 'fit and proper persons' check fails so regularly and apparently so straight forwardly

It wouldn't surprise me if in 2 years time they aren't in the football league at all. They need new owners and fast.
Wigan struggling yet again on 14:25 - May 6 with 1526 viewsAlanG296

Wigan struggling yet again on 13:05 - May 6 by gtsb1966

It wouldn't surprise me if in 2 years time they aren't in the football league at all. They need new owners and fast.

I can remember when they were non-league and like other Lancashire clubs that have come from non-league their support will always be limited by the close attraction of Merseyside and Manchester and worse for them they're in a Rugby League town. They had brief success with Whelan's funding but without a generous owner hey will fall to their natural level.
Wigan struggling yet again on 14:33 - May 6 with 1501 viewsZoomba

I remember when their new owner took over the club he was blowing his own trumpet stating that he 'would never let this glorious club have money troubles ever again' (paraphrasing a bit).

Yet here we are, not one year later and he's doing dodgy stuff like only paying the playing staff that have at least a year left on their contract.
Wigan struggling yet again on 15:26 - May 6 with 1315 viewsHighgateBlue

Wigan struggling yet again on 12:56 - May 6 by gtsb1966

Which would be a pretty damning indictment given that they have hardly any gate receipts anyway!
Wigan struggling yet again on 18:35 - May 6 with 1108 viewsjayessess

Wigan's recent history is bizarre to me. Why do people keep buying this football club? There obviously isn't a big enough fanbase there for them to be a significant club without regular huge injections of cash.

Yet people keep coming along and deciding they'll achieve something with 12 months or so of investment. Just confusing what Al Hammad or before them the Hong Kong consortium thought they'd achieve by owning the club.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Wigan struggling yet again on 19:56 - May 6 with 979 viewstractorboy1978

Wigan struggling yet again on 18:35 - May 6 by jayessess

Wigan's recent history is bizarre to me. Why do people keep buying this football club? There obviously isn't a big enough fanbase there for them to be a significant club without regular huge injections of cash.

Yet people keep coming along and deciding they'll achieve something with 12 months or so of investment. Just confusing what Al Hammad or before them the Hong Kong consortium thought they'd achieve by owning the club.

Couldn't you say that about a lot of clubs though? You could point to Bournemouth, Brentford or Luton all being similar clubs in that respect. Their owners have got it right though and have the funds/the willingness to invest those funds in a sensible and clever way to build the club on and off the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024