Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NowTV 22:29 - Jun 22 with 1333 viewsRoola

Hi Folks.
as the new season approaches and things have changed on the streaming front (bye byeifollow) I'm trying to get my head around watching games in the upcoming season. Obviously we've not heard from the club wrt townTV and what streaming/costs that will entail but I'm sure a good handful of towns games will be on sky this season. I don't have sky and don't want it, but have been looking at now TV as a possible option... I see they have day passes for a tenner? Have people used this and how does it work? I normally watch games on my PC so is it a case of logging in to the website and then select the channel you wish to watch?
Thanks for any advice :)
NowTV on 22:34 - Jun 22 with 1308 viewsHARRY10

Every PL and Championship games are shown on umpteen streaming services, all HD amd no 'freezing' either.

And all free
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 22:39]
NowTV on 22:36 - Jun 22 with 1295 viewsParisBlue

You can often get deals for 3 months of NowTV at £19.99 a month.

I use NowTV mostly on firestick but it's also easy enough to watch on laptop or tablet. Just login and start watching. I've not experienced any buffering or the like.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

NowTV on 22:41 - Jun 22 with 1275 viewsHARRY10

NowTV on 22:36 - Jun 22 by ParisBlue

I use NowTV mostly on firestick but it's also easy enough to watch on laptop or tablet. Just login and start watching. I've not experienced any buffering or the like.

They are using the same coverage as above, same commentators footage etc
NowTV on 22:42 - Jun 22 with 1277 viewsJ2BLUE

NowTV on 22:36 - Jun 22 by ParisBlue

I doubt that is for sports.

Also OP, make sure you research Now TV properly before buying. I am not sure if it's still the case but in the past the red button games weren't available to those with a day pass.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

NowTV on 22:51 - Jun 22 with 1225 viewsLankHenners

NowTV on 22:42 - Jun 22 by J2BLUE

Also OP, make sure you research Now TV properly before buying. I am not sure if it's still the case but in the past the red button games weren't available to those with a day pass.

I've got a deal coming up which is £21 for 6 months for sports. Think those sorts of deals are for existing customers only though, and usually if you go to cancel before they run out they'll offer you an even lower deal.

As for the OP, yeah you have to buy the pass for however long you want (think they do day passes and month passes only now), download the 'NowTV Player' onto your PC/laptop/whatever, then the 24 hours (for example) starts once you 'activate' it on the Player. The website isn't particularly user friendly at times but I usually just click on a match I want to watch then it prompts you to buy a pass and you go from there.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 22:52]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

NowTV on 22:51 - Jun 22 with 1223 viewsParisBlue

NowTV on 22:42 - Jun 22 by J2BLUE

It is Sports, took the offer for play-offs and the ashes.

I'll be cancelling after the 3 months. As you say there are other methods.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

NowTV on 22:55 - Jun 22 with 1183 viewsJ2BLUE

NowTV on 22:51 - Jun 22 by ParisBlue

Apologies, I completely missed the 'a month' on the end. That makes much more sense.

Truly impaired.

NowTV on 22:57 - Jun 22 with 1173 viewsHARRY10

NowTV on 22:51 - Jun 22 by ParisBlue

Some may recall the links I posted up to test match cricket. The same works for football.

Not the hit and miss of a tear or so back even. The recent Europe Cup were easy to find, and worked perfectly.

I just seems daft to be paying for something that is free.
Login to get fewer ads

NowTV on 23:07 - Jun 22 with 1131 viewsDaninthecampo

NowTV on 22:57 - Jun 22 by HARRY10

Some may recall the links I posted up to test match cricket. The same works for football.

Not the hit and miss of a tear or so back even. The recent Europe Cup were easy to find, and worked perfectly.

I just seems daft to be paying for something that is free.

I watched every game on ifollow,sky or some US,European channel last season all for free!
Burnley away was the only game I couldn't watch last season
NowTV on 23:13 - Jun 22 with 1110 viewsHARRY10

NowTV on 23:07 - Jun 22 by Daninthecampo

I watched every game on ifollow,sky or some US,European channel last season all for free!
Burnley away was the only game I couldn't watch last season

Yep, you are getting the same coverage - not the crud of ifollow
NowTV on 08:19 - Jun 23 with 891 viewsDJR

NowTV on 22:51 - Jun 22 by LankHenners

I've got a deal coming up which is £21 for 6 months for sports. Think those sorts of deals are for existing customers only though, and usually if you go to cancel before they run out they'll offer you an even lower deal.

As for the OP, yeah you have to buy the pass for however long you want (think they do day passes and month passes only now), download the 'NowTV Player' onto your PC/laptop/whatever, then the 24 hours (for example) starts once you 'activate' it on the Player. The website isn't particularly user friendly at times but I usually just click on a match I want to watch then it prompts you to buy a pass and you go from there.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 22:52]

Here is a link for the download of the Now TV Player app to a PC.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-laptops-computers-can-i-use-to-watch

From memory, Sky Sports day passes were £11.99 last season which was what I did for the few games that featured Ipswich last season.

If we are likely to be on more often, maybe a longer pass will be more cost effective on occasions.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 8:23]
NowTV on 09:12 - Jun 23 with 831 viewsRoola

NowTV on 08:19 - Jun 23 by DJR

Here is a link for the download of the Now TV Player app to a PC.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-laptops-computers-can-i-use-to-watch

From memory, Sky Sports day passes were £11.99 last season which was what I did for the few games that featured Ipswich last season.

If we are likely to be on more often, maybe a longer pass will be more cost effective on occasions.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 8:23]

I'm quite frustrated to hear that those matches on red button (bonus matches) are not available on NowTV If day pass purchased...
NowTV on 09:15 - Jun 23 with 820 viewsJ2BLUE

NowTV on 09:12 - Jun 23 by Roola

I'm quite frustrated to hear that those matches on red button (bonus matches) are not available on NowTV If day pass purchased...

If you just want to watch Town, you can use a VPN and give your money directly to the club.

There may also be months when we're on more than once midweek where it makes sense to get a month pass.

Truly impaired.

NowTV on 09:24 - Jun 23 with 788 viewsDJR

NowTV on 09:12 - Jun 23 by Roola

I hadn't twigged what this meant, as it was not an issue last season, but I agree this will be a pain.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024