Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday 16:39 - Jul 31 with 2037 viewsjamesitfc

Appreciate the very small audience this will be applicable to but following on from a successful meet-up at the end of last season, some of us from NYC will be meeting up to watch the game on Sunday vs Sunderland from 11:30am (Kick off 12:00).

Location: Legends, West 33rd Street (Near Empire State Building)

We have a table booked and we'll have Ipswich shirts on so if you happen to be in NYC, come and join us!

Cheers,

James
NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 16:55 - Jul 31 with 1970 viewsMetal_Hacker

Was only in that bar last month on a break over in NYC but unfortunately now back home in wet South Yorkshire

Enjoy the game though -some great Guinness in there

Poll: If it were one or the other

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 17:07 - Jul 31 with 1948 viewsunstableblue

Good work, have a great time, KO time not too bad either, and hopefully a Town win to celebrate.

I’m in Manhattan regularly with work, typically midtown or Nomad and know Legends. Also watched many a Premier League match at Smithfield Hall which is also good.

Hopefully be back Oct/Nov and can come and join you for a Sky game.

Once had an expected boozy Sunday morning at Turnmills on East 27th Street with the Evertonian supporters club, passionate bunch.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 17:10 - Jul 31 with 1945 viewsMatt_Netherlands

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 17:07 - Jul 31 by unstableblue

Good work, have a great time, KO time not too bad either, and hopefully a Town win to celebrate.

I’m in Manhattan regularly with work, typically midtown or Nomad and know Legends. Also watched many a Premier League match at Smithfield Hall which is also good.

Once had an expected boozy Sunday morning at Turnmills on East 27th Street with the Evertonian supporters club, passionate bunch.

Ever found anywhere open for UK time midday kick offs? Might be over there in December when we play that lot up the road.
NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 17:13 - Jul 31 with 1923 viewsIllinoisblue

My wife and daughter are in NY this weekend, but they don’t understand football so I won’t ask them to join you.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 17:54 - Jul 31 with 1821 viewsunstableblue

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 17:10 - Jul 31 by Matt_Netherlands

Ever found anywhere open for UK time midday kick offs? Might be over there in December when we play that lot up the road.

There are a great number of Manhattan bars that open at 7.30 am to show the Premier League 12.30pm game…. Indeed many already advertising the Forest v Arsenal game on 12th August

I did note that same bar wasn’t showing the Sunderland game… so you may want to check.

Am sure the OP will have a better insight than me.. and no doubt planning to watch the derby somewhere.

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 18:13 - Jul 31 with 1784 viewsBluespeed225

My old( and when visiting) local is Flannerys on 14th at 7th. Was just Irish, but been Spurs HQ for last few years. Good lads behind the bar though who will put Town games on if I’ve been in there when one had been shown. I don’t know Legends, how old is it? The only place I’d go round there was Dempseys, but that’s gone downhill since. Nevada Smiths was the football bar. England v Argentina 02’ World Cup was nuts.
NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 15:44 - Aug 2 with 1447 viewsjamesitfc

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 17:10 - Jul 31 by Matt_Netherlands

There's a few sports bars in Brooklyn + Manhattan that I know of that open early morning for the UK prem.

I'm sure that we'd find somewhere as a group (about 5 of us) where we could get a pub that would be open for the Derby in December if we promise to put a few hundred dollars behind their bar with food and drinks!
NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 15:45 - Aug 2 with 1444 viewsjamesitfc

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 17:07 - Jul 31 by unstableblue

Sounds great - give me a PM if you're ever around when a town game is on, we can meet up and watch somewhere!
Login to get fewer ads

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 15:52 - Aug 2 with 1415 viewsIpswich1984

Watched the Charlton game there a few years back for an early morning game. Great bar!

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 08:58 - Aug 3 with 1236 viewsunstableblue

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 15:45 - Aug 2 by jamesitfc

Sounds great - give me a PM if you're ever around when a town game is on, we can meet up and watch somewhere!

Will do

NYC Meet up for Sunderland on Sunday on 21:03 - Dec 6 with 624 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Is anything planned for next Saturday as yet?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024