Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a time to be supporting this club 16:24 - Sep 20 with 711 viewsLuk38644

Haven’t posted on here for a while but felt like I wanted to again just to highlight how enjoyable it is being a Town fan again. As we all know, it’s been a long slog watching Town over the past 13years with very limited amounts of ‘good’ moments sprinkled in there – whether it be the false dawns of Keane and Jewell, Lambert’s awful tenure, Mick’s shocking football towards the end, the short lived ‘Hirst era’ or just the complete lack of care or know-how by Evans, it was becoming increasingly depressing supporting Town and it also seemed never ending. I used to look at other clubs who have climbed the leagues or were just much more modern or better run than us and wished it was us. I look at everything now, and I imagine that other clubs are looking at us and wishing they were doing how we’re doing it, and to even suggest that still seems completely bonkers after the hard decade we’ve endured.

I can’t really think of any negatives around the club at the moment, we just seem like a relentless, forward moving machine that is doing it the right way, with the right players, the right staff and of course, the right manager. For the Town fans of my age or younger (30 and under), we’ve not really had alot to shout about – I saw the Burley days but at 6/7 years old, you can’t fully appreciate it at that age, but I really feel like not only is McKenna and exceptional coach/manager at his young age of 37, but I feel like we’re witnessing the start of a phenomenal coaching career and feel privileged to be part of it. I have no doubt that K McK is going to be a TOP manager, he’s got everything needed to achieve it, and it just feels like a complete privilege to watch him manage, to watch his team and to watch the club moving forward with him at the helm.

The squad of players we have at the moment are fantastic too – some Ipswich lads in there always helps, but they all just seem completely united, focused on the task at hand, level headed and driven. No more big-time charlies or problem players constantly getting injured, but just a great group of players who want to give 100% every week and strive. What more can you want as a Town fan? That’s all I’ve ever asked for. It really feels like a special club moving in the right direction at the moment – we’ve had a fantastic start beyond anyone’s expectations (I’d of been happy with 10 points at this stage!) and they’re not scrappy wins which we didn’t deserve, they’re assured, confident wins achieved through on-point game management.

I still have that horrible feeling in the back of my head that it’ll all come crashing down, that’s been ingrained into me over the past 13/15years, but I’ll be honest, it’s starting to fade and I really think that finally, after alot of years of hurt, we’re finally the club that I dreamed we would be once again, the one I fell in love with in the late 90’s/early 2000’s, and long may it continue. Up the Town!
What a time to be supporting this club on 16:29 - Sep 20 with 668 viewshomer_123

I agree but, you don't get to pick and choose.

Part of the reason it feels so good to be a Town fan is because it was so bad. Without the down you cannot experience the up.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What a time to be supporting this club on 16:46 - Sep 20 with 588 viewsFtnfwest

When you consider where we were a relatively short time ago, after oldham's demise from the league probably the most depressing club to follow for the longest period, it's a big (not total yet) transformation. Used to dread the majority of games for a few seasons but welcome them now. Still have the adrenaline up for results but it was the performances i was just looking for in the darker times, something to believe in. We now have both, but KMck is still young and still learning (we shouldn't forget the very good team he has around him as well.)
What a time to be supporting this club on 17:19 - Sep 20 with 506 viewsLuk38644

What a time to be supporting this club on 16:29 - Sep 20 by homer_123

I agree but, you don't get to pick and choose.

Part of the reason it feels so good to be a Town fan is because it was so bad. Without the down you cannot experience the up.

Oh I fully agree mate, been there through all of it, standing in freezing temperatures watching us lose while not having a shot on goal... But I wouldn't change that for anything because, as you say, the good times are so much sweeter when we've experienced the hard times. It still feels slightly surreal when you see the league table and all the stats surrounding us at the moment - it finally feels like the club we all dreamed would return, has returned!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024