Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question 15:35 - Sep 28 with 2000 viewsDeepBlueSea

About January strengthening.

Who would you pick if you had to list 1 (or more) regular starters that are our weakest players?

So I’d probably pick Harry Clarke. I love the guy but if he’s included in our first 11 I’d say he’s probably the weakest from that 11? What do you all think? This is not about whether a player is good enough for the Championship, and it’s certainly not an attempt to knock HC. But even prime Barcelona had a weakest player. I’m really asking only about the 12-13 players who could be considered genuinely regular starters.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2023 15:37]
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 02:43 - Sep 29 with 1906 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Not an easy and obvious question to answer.

For me it’s a toss up between him and Burns.

Both great players but think it’s where we could ‘upgrade’ the most.

Clarke maybe still bedding in, no question he’s got the physical attributes, though as the first goal conceded last week showed his defensive positioning has room for improvement. Williams might be that upgrade?

Burns a great player who adds massive value to the team, just feel we could get even more from that position and role - see what Hutch has brought in only a few games.
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 09:37 - Sep 29 with 1765 viewsBigCommon

All of our players have been terrific...
The question is.. Who might the vultures pick to poach from us in the next few windows?
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 10:02 - Sep 29 with 1748 viewsBlueNomad

What a negative question. They are all great!
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 10:28 - Sep 29 with 1737 viewsDeepBlueSea

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 10:02 - Sep 29 by BlueNomad

What a negative question. They are all great!

What a ridiculous answer! As if any team in world football couldn’t identify who they’d replace if they could add a player or two. Not my fault you are unable to understand what is quite a simple concept 🙂
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 13:33 - Sep 29 with 1662 viewsBondiBlue

Right now, sure. But he's young and will improve. You'd be looking at players who have hit their ceiling and aren't at the level we need them to be at.

Which brings me back to my question. If we keep winning and playing like we are, it's going to be really hard to identify that player. Let's say we think burns might be the one because he's late 20s and probably isn't going to improve a huge amount. Do we risk replacing him in jan and disrupting a winning team? Not saying don't do it (worked really well last xmas with broadhead in particular, just saying it's a really tough call at the moment.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 17:25 - Sep 29 with 1592 viewsDeepBlueSea

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 13:33 - Sep 29 by BondiBlue

Right now, sure. But he's young and will improve. You'd be looking at players who have hit their ceiling and aren't at the level we need them to be at.

Which brings me back to my question. If we keep winning and playing like we are, it's going to be really hard to identify that player. Let's say we think burns might be the one because he's late 20s and probably isn't going to improve a huge amount. Do we risk replacing him in jan and disrupting a winning team? Not saying don't do it (worked really well last xmas with broadhead in particular, just saying it's a really tough call at the moment.

That's true, you'd have to take into account the ages of both the young and the old players. Morsi and Luongo, for example, will surely be on KM's mind but it would be an absolutely massive decision to try to improve on the CM Positions this January - it might be a risk too far. Hladky has shown that, even if he reverts to a no.2 GK in the next few weeks, he's a pretty damn good one so I'd be very surprised if we tried to add a player there.
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 22:03 - Sep 29 with 1502 viewsLeoMuff

I would still want a striker I’m not convinced Hirst or Ladapo have the goals in them to get us out of the championship automatically.

Very difficult to find an upgrade though without spending £7-10m so unlikely I would say.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 22:40 - Sep 29 with 1462 viewsStewart27

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 22:03 - Sep 29 by LeoMuff

I would still want a striker I’m not convinced Hirst or Ladapo have the goals in them to get us out of the championship automatically.

Very difficult to find an upgrade though without spending £7-10m so unlikely I would say.

Ah the old number 9 conundrum.

Last season we apparently weren’t strong enough in that department. We scored 101 goals.

This question is being raised again when we are currently the top scorers in the division above with the same team.

Hirst and Ladapo will probably get 15 each this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 22:41 - Sep 29 with 1452 viewsStewart27

Harry Clarke is a really good footballer.

We’re very lucky to have him.
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 22:57 - Sep 29 with 1428 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 22:03 - Sep 29 by LeoMuff

And Scarlett? Too early to say?
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 23:25 - Sep 29 with 1405 viewsDeepBlueSea

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 22:40 - Sep 29 by Stewart27

Last season we apparently weren’t strong enough in that department. We scored 101 goals.

This question is being raised again when we are currently the top scorers in the division above with the same team.

We brought in Broadhead and Hirst in January, so the nameless people you are referring to when you say (I think mockingly but I may be wrong) we ‘apparently weren’t strong enough’ in that area were in pretty exalted company.
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 07:14 - Sep 30 with 1310 viewsibbleobble

Think a bit beyond that and think who is good enough to play in the PL, the ones who aren’t or are too old will be the answers.
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 08:49 - Sep 30 with 1241 viewsLeoMuff

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 22:40 - Sep 29 by Stewart27

I would be very happy to be proved wrong, I think Hirst has potential to be that man, but the jury is out at championship level still. I love Freddy but I’m not sure he will get 15.

Yes we are top scorers, before last night. But I think a clinical 9 would complete us.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 09:33 - Sep 30 with 1204 viewswrightsrightglove

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 08:49 - Sep 30 by LeoMuff

I would be very happy to be proved wrong, I think Hirst has potential to be that man, but the jury is out at championship level still. I love Freddy but I’m not sure he will get 15.

Yes we are top scorers, before last night. But I think a clinical 9 would complete us.

I think the danger is judging Hirst / Ladapo purely on goals. In this team arguably their main role is to hold the ball up and bring others into play and this is why Chappers, Burns and Broadhead got so many goals last season. If Hirst gets 15 but his play allows the three behind him to get a similar amount then he’s worth his weight in gold.
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 09:50 - Sep 30 with 1187 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would say another way to phrase the question would be who, in this division, would you pick above our players to play? I think there would be very few in any position especially bearing in mind they need to fit the system and style. That says a lot about our squad.

Leicester, Southampton, Leeds all have some quality players. How many of them would you choose ahead of who we are playing?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 10:17 - Sep 30 with 1155 viewsDeepBlueSea

Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 09:50 - Sep 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would say another way to phrase the question would be who, in this division, would you pick above our players to play? I think there would be very few in any position especially bearing in mind they need to fit the system and style. That says a lot about our squad.

Leicester, Southampton, Leeds all have some quality players. How many of them would you choose ahead of who we are playing?

From what I’ve seen so far in the Championship, I’d say Leeds front 3 were excellent, and probably had more about them than ours. However that’s solely based on the 90 minutes I saw live; beyond that they don’t seem to have set the world alight.
Moving logically from BondiBlue’s question on 13:18 - Sep 30 with 1075 viewsgosblue

If Tuanzebe proves to be the D’s Bs, how will we set up and who misses out? I’d like to see him in the middle of a back three with Woolfie and Burgess. It would probably mean Janoi’s opportunities would be limited and Williams getting the nod at RWB Over Burns. It could make us more flexible and better able to make in-game tactical changes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024