Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen 11:20 - Oct 14 with 1398 viewsMillsyVOR

Swore I heard Brian Moore say we’d lost to West Ham the previous day (he was right & look at that fixture congestion 😬)!!

1978-03-18 Ipswich Town FC 1 : 1 Coventry City FC D
1978-03-21 Ipswich Town FC 1 : 1 Middlesbrough FC D
1978-03-24 West Ham United FC 3 : 0 Ipswich Town FC L
1978-03-25 Queens Park Rangers FC 3 : 3 Ipswich Town FC D
1978-03-27 Ipswich Town FC 4 : 0 Norwich City FC W
1978-04-01 Manchester City FC 2 : 1 Ipswich Town FC L
The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen on 12:22 - Oct 14 with 1298 viewswischip

I know, so did I! I just had to look up the same thing.
9 Ipswich players played on 24th and 25th.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/ipswich-town/1978/3/

The state of that QPR pitch too. It's a wonder we got a draw but it looks like Wark & Mariner dragged us back to 3-3 from 3-1 down.
And then 2 days later the same 11 battered Norwich 4-0.
Absolute legends.
On a similar note.. on 13:51 - Oct 14 with 1204 viewsWicksy

Christmas Day 1956 Watford 2 - 1 Ipswich
Boxing Day 1956 Ipswich 4 - 1 Watford

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen on 13:53 - Oct 14 with 1193 viewsChurchman

We did. I went to the first game with a West Ham supporting gf and her father.I think it was played at lunchtime and David Cross scored at least once. We were terrible.

I went to the QPR game the following day with my dad. It was before that game that Bobby Robson told my dad to p£ss off. Oh how I laughed. My dad had barked the question at him without even an ‘excuse me, Bobby’ and got what he deserved. He never forgave BR and wanted to break the finger off his statue for years as vengeance. 😀😀😂😅🥲

I know we also did the Norwich game, but I remember absolutely nothing about it.

It was a funny old season.
The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen on 17:41 - Oct 14 with 1063 viewsbackwaywhen

Surely that must be …Good Friday , Easter Saturday then Easter Monday so not so uncommon back in the day.
The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen on 18:30 - Oct 14 with 1015 viewsChurchman

The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen on 17:41 - Oct 14 by backwaywhen

Surely that must be …Good Friday , Easter Saturday then Easter Monday so not so uncommon back in the day.

It was
The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen on 19:19 - Oct 14 with 977 viewsSmithersJones

The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen on 13:53 - Oct 14 by Churchman

We did. I went to the first game with a West Ham supporting gf and her father.I think it was played at lunchtime and David Cross scored at least once. We were terrible.

I went to the QPR game the following day with my dad. It was before that game that Bobby Robson told my dad to p£ss off. Oh how I laughed. My dad had barked the question at him without even an ‘excuse me, Bobby’ and got what he deserved. He never forgave BR and wanted to break the finger off his statue for years as vengeance. 😀😀😂😅🥲

I know we also did the Norwich game, but I remember absolutely nothing about it.

It was a funny old season.

Pretty sure David Cross got a hat trick which led to a headline along the lines of “Hot Cross makes it Bad Friday for Ipswich” in one of the papers the next day.
The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen on 23:53 - Oct 14 with 821 viewsChurchman

The Big Match Revisited - QPR v Towen on 19:19 - Oct 14 by SmithersJones

Pretty sure David Cross got a hat trick which led to a headline along the lines of “Hot Cross makes it Bad Friday for Ipswich” in one of the papers the next day.

Looked it up - you are spot on! All I remember is the humiliation of being in the home end and getting ever more depressed as the game went on. And I had to put a brave face on it for the gf.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024