Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the more mature Town fan. Who from back in the 70s and 80s 13:46 - Oct 31 with 2762 viewshomer_123

would be best suited to playing under KM?

I know most would but who do you think would stand out.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

For the more mature Town fan. Who from back in the 70s and 80s on 23:40 - Oct 31 with 579 viewsChurchman

I’ll turn it round - the only players from that time that would struggle today is Paul Cooper and Roger. Cooper was too small and the goalkeeping role has changed. They have to be able to play a bit. Roger Osborne is a legend and a lovely bloke but he’s the first to admit that staying in Robson’s team was tough and I don’t think his game would work today, but maybe I’m wrong.

Who would stand out? Mariner. But all those mentioned in this thread would be fine. Of the defenders, in particular Beattie would have been unplayable. Osman wouldn’t have had a problem either and neither would GB and Mills.

Not sure Chopper Jefferson would have fared so well. His eyesight wasn’t the best so he tackled anything that moved - ball, man, tea lady. Everything had to go! He’d make Morsy look a total lightweight on the booking front
For the more mature Town fan. Who from back in the 70s and 80s on 15:19 - Nov 1 with 515 viewsFrans_Arnie

Frans Thijssen certainly…. His trademark 360 spin to leave opponents staring at the space he just left, and accurate passing was a joy to watch……. As are the current team under KM.
For the more mature Town fan. Who from back in the 70s and 80s on 16:07 - Nov 1 with 509 viewsWeWereZombies

For the more mature Town fan. Who from back in the 70s and 80s on 23:40 - Oct 31 by Churchman

I’ll turn it round - the only players from that time that would struggle today is Paul Cooper and Roger. Cooper was too small and the goalkeeping role has changed. They have to be able to play a bit. Roger Osborne is a legend and a lovely bloke but he’s the first to admit that staying in Robson’s team was tough and I don’t think his game would work today, but maybe I’m wrong.

Who would stand out? Mariner. But all those mentioned in this thread would be fine. Of the defenders, in particular Beattie would have been unplayable. Osman wouldn’t have had a problem either and neither would GB and Mills.

Not sure Chopper Jefferson would have fared so well. His eyesight wasn’t the best so he tackled anything that moved - ball, man, tea lady. Everything had to go! He’d make Morsy look a total lightweight on the booking front

I still find it mystifying that Jefferson would be on the pitch on Saturday afternoon kicking bits out of the other team and then Bible in hand on Sunday going door to door spreading the Gospel. I never knew how bad his eyesight was though (although the glasses should have been a clue) so maybe he was just trying to get close enough to say to other players 'In the beginning was the word and the word was love...'

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

For the more mature Town fan. Who from back in the 70s and 80s on 21:03 - Nov 2 with 460 viewsmonty_radio

For the more mature Town fan. Who from back in the 70s and 80s on 21:46 - Oct 31 by WeWereZombies

Colin Viljoen had a footballing brain and skills that McKenna would have liked but would have improved upon by making Viljoen a team player both on and off the pitch.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 16:04]

I get what you're hinting at re off the pitch, but on it, to me it never occured to me to think of him as anything other than a team player. He was all about driving into space and releasing others.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 10:31]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

For the more mature Town fan. Who from back in the 70s and 80s on 21:04 - Nov 2 with 460 viewsmonty_radio

Jason Dozzell would have been good in the current no 10 role.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 10:32]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024