Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR has ruined football 14:31 - Nov 26 with 1950 viewsBlueschev

That was pathetic, what 4 minutes what’s the point? I hate anyone that likes it, and that’s definitely not because I’m massively hungover.
VAR has ruined football on 14:48 - Nov 26 with 1892 viewsBlueschev

Again why can’t the Lino just flag? It’s rubbish. I knew I shouldn’t have Got a sky sports thing for a month.
VAR has ruined football on 15:07 - Nov 26 with 1873 viewsIllinoisblue

And that was a fairly obvious offside. Not sure why it took so long.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

VAR has ruined football on 15:09 - Nov 26 with 1864 viewsVaughan8

I would say most you can see if it is or not by looking at it. Drawing the lines should take minimal times.

Watkins goal was offside, Torres one onside. Not even sure why they had to check the Torres one haha
VAR has ruined football on 17:41 - Nov 26 with 1735 viewsBasuco

The PL and FA turned down the system used in the Woman's World Cup that turned the picture into a "cartoon" type picture, they could then move it around and easily see if a goal was offside or not. They insist on using what they do now with poor camera positions and often seem to just guess where the lines go and cannot see if players are off or not.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 18:20]
VAR has ruined football on 10:12 - Nov 27 with 1521 viewsWickets

What annoys me a lot with the offside rule now that it has been messed about so much is players blocking off others usually defenders at set pieces usually gets ignored now . And yes why such a long delay for such an obvious one .
VAR has ruined football on 10:34 - Nov 27 with 1491 views_clive_baker_

I hate VAR, I always have done. In live sport the main thing is that the theatre of it is protected, and VAR diminishes it so much to have to review decisions for so long and fans can't celebrate a goal for fear of it being reviewed and reversed. It's a nonsense, I hate it, and unless it can be done through automation where there's no impact on the speed of play then I don't think its a net positive development. Goal line technology for example is great, things like reviews in cricket or tennis work because of the nature of the sport. I think in football there's so much intervention now from VAR that it ruins the spectacle. Get rid of it, let the on field officials ref the games, accept they wont get everything right and get on with it.
VAR has ruined football on 10:42 - Nov 27 with 1472 viewstractorboy1978

VAR has ruined football on 10:34 - Nov 27 by _clive_baker_

I hate VAR, I always have done. In live sport the main thing is that the theatre of it is protected, and VAR diminishes it so much to have to review decisions for so long and fans can't celebrate a goal for fear of it being reviewed and reversed. It's a nonsense, I hate it, and unless it can be done through automation where there's no impact on the speed of play then I don't think its a net positive development. Goal line technology for example is great, things like reviews in cricket or tennis work because of the nature of the sport. I think in football there's so much intervention now from VAR that it ruins the spectacle. Get rid of it, let the on field officials ref the games, accept they wont get everything right and get on with it.

Most of the rules in football are subjective too so there is no definitive right or wrong. VAR should be limited to goal line technology and offsides if they can automate it and take out human involvement.
VAR has ruined football on 10:55 - Nov 27 with 1458 viewsmatteoblue

If football was still a genuine sport supported by ticket-purchasing people who went to watch the games, VAR would never have been allowed. But if football is a Reality TV show, with very bad acting, B-list celebrities and controlled by television, then VAR will be a great fit. Enjoy the circus.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

Login to get fewer ads

VAR has ruined football on 10:58 - Nov 27 with 1444 viewsDeano69

Get rid of VAR, Get rid of Offside - problem solved

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

VAR has ruined football on 11:33 - Nov 27 with 1387 viewsellaandred

VAR has ruined football on 10:34 - Nov 27 by _clive_baker_

I agree, but the moaning on here about the officials is ridiculous.
It starts as soon as the officials are announced.
VAR has ruined football on 11:41 - Nov 27 with 1361 views_clive_baker_

VAR has ruined football on 11:33 - Nov 27 by ellaandred

I agree, but the moaning on here about the officials is ridiculous.
It starts as soon as the officials are announced.

I agree, I think fans and managers generally need to remember it's a tough job, just let them get on with it. The crying about decisions post match and pouring over them isn't something I tend to take part in or find particularly useful. I blame the media a lot for that, I can't watch MOTD any more. Hearing Danny Murphy talking for 10 minutes about an offside isn't entertainment.
VAR has ruined football on 12:56 - Nov 27 with 1306 viewsBlueschev

VAR has ruined football on 11:41 - Nov 27 by _clive_baker_

I agree, I think fans and managers generally need to remember it's a tough job, just let them get on with it. The crying about decisions post match and pouring over them isn't something I tend to take part in or find particularly useful. I blame the media a lot for that, I can't watch MOTD any more. Hearing Danny Murphy talking for 10 minutes about an offside isn't entertainment.

Hearing Danny Murphy talking about anything for any amount of time isn't entertainment.
VAR has ruined football on 13:49 - Nov 27 with 1213 viewsElderGrizzly

VAR has ruined football on 10:58 - Nov 27 by Deano69

Get rid of VAR, Get rid of Offside - problem solved

Offside as we know it could be about to disappear.

https://frenchfootballweekly.com/2023/11/20/arsene-wenger-his-new-offside-rule-w
VAR has ruined football on 14:24 - Nov 27 with 1170 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Refereeing is an impossible job. 22 players go onto the pitch all trying to cheat and pull the wool over his eyes. Fans appeal for penalties even when they know they would moan like hell if anything that soft was ever given against them.

Maybe we have all brought it on ourselves?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 14:25]
VAR has ruined football on 16:08 - Nov 27 with 1072 viewsDeano69

VAR has ruined football on 13:49 - Nov 27 by ElderGrizzly

Offside as we know it could be about to disappear.

https://frenchfootballweekly.com/2023/11/20/arsene-wenger-his-new-offside-rule-w

Reading that through I think we have much the same problem with regards to interpretation, angle of the camera and what is a goal scoring part of the body (e.g. your backside is a legitimate part of the body to score with). But does put the advantage with attack rather than defence so should potentially mean more goals.

Wondering what the pitfalls are from scrapping it all together? Goal hangers? Silly tactic like launching it to the player standing on the opposition goal line?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024