Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking forward to the break in games 15:07 - Jan 2 with 1195 viewsReus30

It's just been relentless but Town have done well to remain in 2nd.

Now with a bit more time between games, Kieran can get back to what he does best - ramping up the training, fully preparing for each game, implementing game plans and picking up 3 points.

It must be exhausting for a football and frustrating for a manager over this xmas period of non-stop football. Auto-pilot probably activated at certain points.
Looking forward to the break in games on 16:48 - Jan 2 with 1046 viewsBlue_In_Boston

"It's just been relentless but Town have done well to remain in 2nd."

We had such a cushion it was virtually impossible to come out of this period lower than second!
Looking forward to the break in games on 17:37 - Jan 2 with 942 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looking forward to the break in games on 16:48 - Jan 2 by Blue_In_Boston

"It's just been relentless but Town have done well to remain in 2nd."

We had such a cushion it was virtually impossible to come out of this period lower than second!

Indeed. We’ve lost 9 points and 15 goal difference on Southampton over the last 5 games. https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:5/typ

They’ll be ahead of us by the end of January unless we stop this run. A bit of time now to get some key players recovered and back to full health/fitness couldn’t have come soon enough.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Looking forward to the break in games on 17:52 - Jan 2 with 915 views_clive_baker_

Looking forward to the break in games on 17:37 - Jan 2 by Swansea_Blue

Indeed. We’ve lost 9 points and 15 goal difference on Southampton over the last 5 games. https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:5/typ

They’ll be ahead of us by the end of January unless we stop this run. A bit of time now to get some key players recovered and back to full health/fitness couldn’t have come soon enough.

That's in part due to their own form though, which we can't do anything about until we play them. They're averaging 2.6 ppg over the last 5 and 2.2 over the last 10. That form would see you to 119 / 101 points over a season, and it's not an insignificant sample size.

We've taken 16 points ourselves over the past 10 games, its not too shabby when you consider 6 of those have been the away trips to WBA, Watford, Boro, Leeds and Stoke as well as Leicester at home. Norwich was never going to be easy either with it being a derby.

All ifs and buts but had we scraped a win against QPR I would've said that's a very good block of 10 games. We're probably 2 points short of 'very good', and in the 'decent' territory with 16 points.

Southampton have well and truly got their sh1t together, I think we're unlikely to be able to keep pace with a side run rating at 100+ points so I'm hoping they hit a sticky spell and we put a run of 2 or 3 wins together, but their next couple of games look kinder than ours tbh.
Looking forward to the break in games on 18:20 - Jan 2 with 833 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm impressed we seem to have worked quickly on the Brighton guy and hopefully, the striker in the next week or so

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Looking forward to the break in games on 19:10 - Jan 2 with 789 viewsGuthrum

Looking forward to the break in games on 17:52 - Jan 2 by _clive_baker_

That's in part due to their own form though, which we can't do anything about until we play them. They're averaging 2.6 ppg over the last 5 and 2.2 over the last 10. That form would see you to 119 / 101 points over a season, and it's not an insignificant sample size.

We've taken 16 points ourselves over the past 10 games, its not too shabby when you consider 6 of those have been the away trips to WBA, Watford, Boro, Leeds and Stoke as well as Leicester at home. Norwich was never going to be easy either with it being a derby.

All ifs and buts but had we scraped a win against QPR I would've said that's a very good block of 10 games. We're probably 2 points short of 'very good', and in the 'decent' territory with 16 points.

Southampton have well and truly got their sh1t together, I think we're unlikely to be able to keep pace with a side run rating at 100+ points so I'm hoping they hit a sticky spell and we put a run of 2 or 3 wins together, but their next couple of games look kinder than ours tbh.

There is a bit of context to Southampton's recent run, the last ten fixtures being against the teams currently in 21st, 11th, 9th, 10th, 8th, 17th, 23rd, 16th, 18th and 13th - all middle and lower table. They drew four out of the five away games from that lot, too.

They also have yet to play away at all the rest of the top six except Sunderland.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looking forward to the break in games on 19:34 - Jan 2 with 714 viewsArnieM

Looking forward to the break in games on 19:10 - Jan 2 by Guthrum

There is a bit of context to Southampton's recent run, the last ten fixtures being against the teams currently in 21st, 11th, 9th, 10th, 8th, 17th, 23rd, 16th, 18th and 13th - all middle and lower table. They drew four out of the five away games from that lot, too.

They also have yet to play away at all the rest of the top six except Sunderland.

I know they d been getting results but when I saw them in recent games it struck me how slow their game was ( in comparison to Leeds / Leicester)…. We don’t play them until April but I wouldn’t bet against us coming out on top on that game.

You analysis of who they’ve played is interesting because it really does put their wins into some context . I think we have done really well over Dec. The scum and QPR games being the only disappointing ones …

Think the break has come at the right time for us. I did wonder if the players might be whisked away for a short break in some sunnier climate to boost the batteries?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Looking forward to the break in games on 20:59 - Jan 2 with 618 viewsGuthrum

Looking forward to the break in games on 19:34 - Jan 2 by ArnieM

I know they d been getting results but when I saw them in recent games it struck me how slow their game was ( in comparison to Leeds / Leicester)…. We don’t play them until April but I wouldn’t bet against us coming out on top on that game.

You analysis of who they’ve played is interesting because it really does put their wins into some context . I think we have done really well over Dec. The scum and QPR games being the only disappointing ones …

Think the break has come at the right time for us. I did wonder if the players might be whisked away for a short break in some sunnier climate to boost the batteries?

Certainly I think we'll put out a heavily "reserve" team for Wimbledon (but still strong enough to win).

Possibly just rest and recuperation rather than the travel of going abroad.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024