Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you 13:17 - Jan 3 with 505 viewsNesspointrunner

2023 was a wonderful year.
I would like to thank Keiron McKenna, ALL the players and Gamechanger for providing us with a game changing experience.

I lived through Bobby's time and can state that neither '78 (when we actually did not play well, except at the end). Nor '81 (when we were playing well but we expected that. So much so that only winning the UEFA Cup was a bit of a disappointment after narrowly missing out on League and FA Cup), gave us the lift that this last year has.

A fabulous time. Epitomised by the compliment played to us in the last game where our essentially Div 1 team were playing a recent Premier League club who finished the last 20 minutes of the game, at home, with 5 across the back and 4 other blokes immediately in front of them to keep us out.

Well done indeed all concerned.

And Thank you.
Thank you on 14:11 - Jan 3 with 439 viewsCrawfordsboot

Couldn’t agree more. Even if we don’t get to the Prem this year.
The sad thing will be that if we do miss out there will be the usual crowd on here saying we blew it or played s***e etc.

whatever the final outcome this season I have loved every minute of McKenna’s reign.
Thank you on 18:19 - Jan 3 with 306 viewsOldFart71

Thank you on 14:11 - Jan 3 by Crawfordsboot

Couldn’t agree more. Even if we don’t get to the Prem this year.
The sad thing will be that if we do miss out there will be the usual crowd on here saying we blew it or played s***e etc.

whatever the final outcome this season I have loved every minute of McKenna’s reign.

I hope and believe crowd numbers won't drop off even if we don't make the Premier League this season. Many on here would have taken mid table and possibly a playoff place pre-season. We have achieved a superb 2nd place in the Championship. Hopefully adequate additions will take place to keep us in the hunt. Our season in some ways mirrors last season where we hit a crab coming up to Christmas, new players came in and it took about three weeks for them to bed in. Then we went on that amazing run. Let's hope we do it again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024