Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Striker Issues 13:43 - Jan 17 with 966 viewswaveneyblue

Another aspect that makes it more tricky - is that we look to acquire the person as well as the footballer.

So not only are we looking at skillset, availability, price and wages - we are also ensuring that we don't bring an Chopra/Paul Taylor kind of character into our dressing room

Its hell of a balancing act and no wonder its proving more difficult than us fans want it to be

I think a lot of the fanbase (not so much on here but in the facebook/twitterverse) need to be a bit more realistic
New Striker Issues on 13:52 - Jan 17 with 877 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's realistic to know that not all footballers are great people, and the higher you go and the more quality you want comes with touches of arrogance and different personalities to what you've had in the past. It's a problem many managers have, but one KM will have to overcome at some point anyway. You're not always going to be able to have a nice bunch of loving players to choose from.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

New Striker Issues on 14:01 - Jan 17 with 796 viewswaveneyblue

New Striker Issues on 13:52 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

It's realistic to know that not all footballers are great people, and the higher you go and the more quality you want comes with touches of arrogance and different personalities to what you've had in the past. It's a problem many managers have, but one KM will have to overcome at some point anyway. You're not always going to be able to have a nice bunch of loving players to choose from.

Personally I think its great that we now care about who represents us, rather than the unsavoury bunch of mercenaries, has beens and idiots than filled the Marcus Evans era.

Its clear that Ipswich are looking for a specific type and rightly so -

One bad apple can really distrupt a dressing room.

To use your words - "its realisitc to know" thats the way we operate now
New Striker Issues on 14:08 - Jan 17 with 746 viewsFrimleyBlue

New Striker Issues on 14:01 - Jan 17 by waveneyblue

Personally I think its great that we now care about who represents us, rather than the unsavoury bunch of mercenaries, has beens and idiots than filled the Marcus Evans era.

Its clear that Ipswich are looking for a specific type and rightly so -

One bad apple can really distrupt a dressing room.

To use your words - "its realisitc to know" thats the way we operate now

You can operate how you like and it's lovely and I agree with how we have gone about it. But I do think at some point, they are going to have to move away from it for certain levels of players. No i'm not saying I'd expect a drug, gambling addict etc or anything like that of course

Waka waka eh eh

New Striker Issues on 14:08 - Jan 17 with 749 viewsCoastalblue

New Striker Issues on 13:52 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

It's something Robson overcame by ensuring he only had good characters in the dressing room, and while I appreciate we weren't bringing in that many players it's a method that served us well then.

I'd be surprised if the club were willing to have unsavoury characters here, or those not willing to buy into the overall ethos, it could be argued it's a big part of what has got us where we are. Regardless of perceived talent or affordability.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

New Striker Issues on 14:21 - Jan 17 with 684 viewsFrimleyBlue

New Striker Issues on 14:08 - Jan 17 by Coastalblue

It's something Robson overcame by ensuring he only had good characters in the dressing room, and while I appreciate we weren't bringing in that many players it's a method that served us well then.

I'd be surprised if the club were willing to have unsavoury characters here, or those not willing to buy into the overall ethos, it could be argued it's a big part of what has got us where we are. Regardless of perceived talent or affordability.

I wouldn't really say the Robson years compare to anything that is football nowadays. IMO the good eggs are the ones who enjoyed waking up and being paid to play the sport they love and players thriving to be better.

But with how football has changed over the years, once you've gone from those above, you start to come across the other side, if we take Tuenzebe's story as gospel and accurate, the club took a risk, got him fit, now he wants out all within 5 months. Now that depends how accurate that story is of course, but it's a timely story to link with this post.

In no way do I not agree with our character choices, I just think sooner or later you come to those who don't fit that profile. we potentially have one already who's currently gone back to their parent club, we don't know of course, but if that certain situation is true, I spoke of it prior to his arrival about how he'd need to be managed as he didn't fit that character reference the club put in place.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024