Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to get it off my chest 20:04 - Jan 27 with 1005 viewsslaughteredskipper

Last 2 years have been amazing - grateful for all that the owners, MA and KMc have done this far.

But having got ourself into a great position it would be ridiculous not to make the signings we desperately need to get to the next level.

We have been saying for a long time now we need strikers and instead of getting them in we are shipping them out. We haven’t got Gallagher yet cos Blackburn don’t have a replacement - so how come Freddie left without a replacement.

Todays game would have been perfect for Freddie. As the only recognised first team striker amongst the match day squad. Broadhead is not a striker.

I was gutted we lost today but in creating 38 shots we weren’t outplayed just abject in front of goal. Would Freddie have been the difference or indeed any recognised striker?

I really hope (like every other ITFC fan) there are two quality ready made strikers being signed permanently this week but I’m worried they won’t be the Marcus Stewartesque signing we need to push us on.

Feel a bit better for that but MA you could do the rest.
Just to get it off my chest on 20:27 - Jan 27 with 854 viewsMK1

They do know we need strikers. Better we wait than just buy for buying sake. Ladapo had to go, not good enough for us anymore. If we brought someone like him now, you would be moaning on here about his quality at this level. Let the manager choose who he wants.
Just to get it off my chest on 20:30 - Jan 27 with 821 viewsbackwaywhen

Just to get it off my chest on 20:27 - Jan 27 by MK1

They do know we need strikers. Better we wait than just buy for buying sake. Ladapo had to go, not good enough for us anymore. If we brought someone like him now, you would be moaning on here about his quality at this level. Let the manager choose who he wants.

Rumours that he was becoming a bit of a bad egg around the place , as wanted regular game time , if true it’s best he is gone .
Just to get it off my chest on 20:33 - Jan 27 with 779 viewscressi

Just to get it off my chest on 20:30 - Jan 27 by backwaywhen

Rumours that he was becoming a bit of a bad egg around the place , as wanted regular game time , if true it’s best he is gone .

In the striker department we have no egg's good or bad just one headless chicken
Just to get it off my chest on 20:38 - Jan 27 with 736 viewssmithy69

Freddie isn’t good enough
Just to get it off my chest on 20:46 - Jan 27 with 702 viewsJrm_72

I am formulating some thoughts about the window, but have promised myself to keep my powder dry until it actually shuts.

What I will say though is IMHO this narrative about 'silly to get rid of Freddie when no strikers signed' is a little contrived. If Freddie was a legitimate option it would be valid, but in the last month in particular it was glaringly obvious KMc would have sooner played his nan up top than Fred. Great servant, but he was deadweight by the end sadly. We move on
Just to get it off my chest on 21:04 - Jan 27 with 602 viewshomer_123

As I posted earlier.

Under KM we have never relied on one player to score goals. The whole team pitches in.

Today showed us nothing in that we needed a Hirst replacement weeks ago and we were always going to look to upgrade Freddie.

Today we didn't put away the chances created...it happens sometimes.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024