Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really good window on paper 22:39 - Feb 1 with 756 viewsSomethingBlue

Couldn't have asked for a lot more in the circumstances. Travis and Sarmiento we've covered. Then a really top, seasoned Championship striker on loan + an investment in the hot property from League Two (who many others, including one really good European club btw, were very keen on) is a good combination up front and doesn't overcommit us beyond this season. As long as Williams can be brought up to speed again we look very strong in every area, good mix of youth and experience, nice physicality. Obviously neither Moore nor Al-Hamadi can exactly replicate Hirst but you'd back McKenna to make the right tweaks. Moore won't quite harry like Hirst but he's more mobile than people think and if we can get a good hour's running out of him most weeks I think we'll be onto something decent. For whatever he lacks, he'll add an aggression and presence above what Hirst offers. Will this be enough to fend off two of the other three? No idea but, as we currently look, I think we've given ourselves a really good chance whether it's via top two or top six.
[Post edited 1 Feb 22:41]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Really good window on paper on 22:56 - Feb 1 with 647 viewstractorboy1978

We are going to be absolutely lethal going forwards. We already were but the additions of Sarmiento, Al-Hamadi and Moore give us real variation and quality. We've swapped the latter two for Ladapo and Scarlett who in truth offered very little in the first half of the season.

Our 5th 'signing' could be hugely important too. If we can get the Williams back that we had for that short period in late Sept/October that will be big for us. He's a far better player than we could have reasonably signed elsewhere.
Really good window on paper on 23:00 - Feb 1 with 606 viewsSomethingBlue

Really good window on paper on 22:56 - Feb 1 by tractorboy1978

We are going to be absolutely lethal going forwards. We already were but the additions of Sarmiento, Al-Hamadi and Moore give us real variation and quality. We've swapped the latter two for Ladapo and Scarlett who in truth offered very little in the first half of the season.

Our 5th 'signing' could be hugely important too. If we can get the Williams back that we had for that short period in late Sept/October that will be big for us. He's a far better player than we could have reasonably signed elsewhere.

Yes, if Williams gets up and running I will feel very relaxed about the depth of this squad (*that's a lie, the next few months are going to be hell). Up front the balance feels right in the circumstances and we've seen Jackson can step up when required too, in fact I suspect he may start on Saturday. Exciting times ahead, we've done what was needed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024