Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a goal Freddie! 23:47 - Feb 13 with 2022 viewswhymark4lazio0

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/26947/13071200/charlton-athletic-1-1-li

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

What a goal Freddie! on 01:42 - Feb 14 with 1830 views92_Laces

Niiiiiice one Fred!
What a goal Freddie! on 03:56 - Feb 14 with 1719 viewsWonTheCupin78

Great goal, but he doesn't look too happy about it!
What a goal Freddie! on 08:10 - Feb 14 with 1301 viewshoppy

What a goal Freddie! on 03:56 - Feb 14 by WonTheCupin78

Great goal, but he doesn't look too happy about it!

Probably because their fans had already been on his back?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What a goal Freddie! on 08:57 - Feb 14 with 1150 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What a goal Freddie! on 08:10 - Feb 14 by hoppy

Probably because their fans had already been on his back?

Indeed, he's been getting quite a lot of flack from the fans, but this looked like he was looking toward the press gantry, maybe aimed at the local press?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What a goal Freddie! on 09:04 - Feb 14 with 1087 viewsAsa

What a goal Freddie! on 08:57 - Feb 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

Indeed, he's been getting quite a lot of flack from the fans, but this looked like he was looking toward the press gantry, maybe aimed at the local press?

Freddie was a fantastic player who scored a lot of goals in a wonderful team and will always be fondly remembered by most ITFC fans.

But I feel like he doesn't help play into the hands of the idiots that accuse him of not trying or working hard enough and who don't really understand football or the kind of player Freddie is and is not.

Last season most times he scored he looked more interested in looking to the one moron moaning at him than celebrating with the thousands of fans who loved him. When he got his first goal did he not point to his name and cup his ears to the North Stand? Always felt like the majority of Portman Road was behind him most of the time but recall one or two weren't and he responded to them when other players rise above it.

Again last night, it did look like he was less concerned with celebrating and enjoying the moment than he was shutting up his critics. Seems like a lot there have been on his back but no doubt most Charlton fans are desperate for him to succeed.

It's a shame because he's a top guy, really likeable player but can't help feeling that if he smiled, celebrated and enjoyed the moment he would get less stick than when he does this, which just seems to be confrontational and then gets easily trotted out by people as him not caring when he struggles for form or goals. I'd imagine there are one or two in the media who won't like that either and ultimately the drivel those less than partial journo's will write will carry weight with the sort of fans that are quick onto players backs.

Wish him well and hope he bangs in a load more for Charlton. So underrated here. Not a top end Championship striker, but a fantastic player for us last year who contributed so much to our promotion.
[Post edited 14 Feb 9:07]
What a goal Freddie! on 09:21 - Feb 14 with 950 viewsCobboldCrusty

What a goal Freddie! on 09:04 - Feb 14 by Asa

Freddie was a fantastic player who scored a lot of goals in a wonderful team and will always be fondly remembered by most ITFC fans.

But I feel like he doesn't help play into the hands of the idiots that accuse him of not trying or working hard enough and who don't really understand football or the kind of player Freddie is and is not.

Last season most times he scored he looked more interested in looking to the one moron moaning at him than celebrating with the thousands of fans who loved him. When he got his first goal did he not point to his name and cup his ears to the North Stand? Always felt like the majority of Portman Road was behind him most of the time but recall one or two weren't and he responded to them when other players rise above it.

Again last night, it did look like he was less concerned with celebrating and enjoying the moment than he was shutting up his critics. Seems like a lot there have been on his back but no doubt most Charlton fans are desperate for him to succeed.

It's a shame because he's a top guy, really likeable player but can't help feeling that if he smiled, celebrated and enjoyed the moment he would get less stick than when he does this, which just seems to be confrontational and then gets easily trotted out by people as him not caring when he struggles for form or goals. I'd imagine there are one or two in the media who won't like that either and ultimately the drivel those less than partial journo's will write will carry weight with the sort of fans that are quick onto players backs.

Wish him well and hope he bangs in a load more for Charlton. So underrated here. Not a top end Championship striker, but a fantastic player for us last year who contributed so much to our promotion.
[Post edited 14 Feb 9:07]

I've always been a fan of Freddie and was sorry it didn't really work out this season but I have to say this all rings quite true
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024