Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition 22:42 - Feb 15 with 1646 viewsMark

How can selling the FA Cup TV rights to a pay channel few people can receive be good for fans, especially during a cost of living crisis?!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68311209

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 22:47 - Feb 15 with 1598 viewsZx1988

Sounds as if it'll be broadly the same as it was, no? It was only a couple of seasons back that BT Sports shared the rights with ITV and the Beeb.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 22:49 - Feb 15 with 1584 viewsStNeotsBlue

BT sports had the rights along with the free to air channels the deal before this one, so not sure this a massive issue.
FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 07:20 - Feb 16 with 1373 viewsMark

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 22:49 - Feb 15 by StNeotsBlue

BT sports had the rights along with the free to air channels the deal before this one, so not sure this a massive issue.

It is an issue because if Ipswich are selected for a live match now we can watch for free, but under the new deal we would have to subscribe to TNT to watch it. I believe that costs £30.99 a month, and I don't think there is a match pass / day pass option.
FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 08:17 - Feb 16 with 1267 viewsGavTWTD

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 07:20 - Feb 16 by Mark

It is an issue because if Ipswich are selected for a live match now we can watch for free, but under the new deal we would have to subscribe to TNT to watch it. I believe that costs £30.99 a month, and I don't think there is a match pass / day pass option.

I had to check your figures but you're correct. £30.99 is a crazy amount. They have to come up with a cheaper football only option.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 08:27 - Feb 16 with 1244 viewstextbackup

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 07:20 - Feb 16 by Mark

Get a firestick for £50/70 a year, add in a VPN for extra protection…

I’ll never understand anyone paying for sky/bt/Amazon etc when these are so readily available to purchase.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 09:46 - Feb 16 with 1056 viewsmo_itfc

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 08:27 - Feb 16 by textbackup

I’ll never understand anyone paying for sky/bt/Amazon etc when these are so readily available to purchase.

Morally, this isn't right.
If you can justify stealing content, great... other can't.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 10:22 - Feb 16 with 987 viewstextbackup

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 09:46 - Feb 16 by mo_itfc

Morally, this isn't right.
If you can justify stealing content, great... other can't.

If people are churning out the cost of living thing, much of which is caused by morally corrupt pr1cks, then fck it, play them at their own game.

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 10:35 - Feb 16 with 947 viewshatch

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 08:27 - Feb 16 by textbackup

I recently added TNT to my Sky subscription as it was on an £18 per month deal and I wanted to watch the England test matches and tune in for the knockout stages of the Champions League. Have done it before and will cancel it in May.

It is eye-wateringly expensive and my mates all have dodgy sticks but I work from home and have the TV on constantly and watch every bit of sport going so in a cost-per-usage perspective I justify the premium to have it in UHD, without any lag and the slickness of using my sky remote. The record, pause, rewind elements are well used by me as well which I wouldn't get with a dodgy stick.

The argument for swapping for a stick is pretty simple, would save me at least £1k per year but thought I would give you the alternative view which I use to justify my continued subscription.

I also don't have a morale issue with anyone using those sticks but not sure I agree with your view of 'the broadcasters and government are corrupt so f*** it, let's steal things'. A bit like someone going to Waitrose and stealing a newspaper because 'They make enough money anyway/their MD is probably a dick'.
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 10:38 - Feb 16 with 934 viewstextbackup

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 10:35 - Feb 16 by hatch

I recently added TNT to my Sky subscription as it was on an £18 per month deal and I wanted to watch the England test matches and tune in for the knockout stages of the Champions League. Have done it before and will cancel it in May.

It is eye-wateringly expensive and my mates all have dodgy sticks but I work from home and have the TV on constantly and watch every bit of sport going so in a cost-per-usage perspective I justify the premium to have it in UHD, without any lag and the slickness of using my sky remote. The record, pause, rewind elements are well used by me as well which I wouldn't get with a dodgy stick.

The argument for swapping for a stick is pretty simple, would save me at least £1k per year but thought I would give you the alternative view which I use to justify my continued subscription.

I also don't have a morale issue with anyone using those sticks but not sure I agree with your view of 'the broadcasters and government are corrupt so f*** it, let's steal things'. A bit like someone going to Waitrose and stealing a newspaper because 'They make enough money anyway/their MD is probably a dick'.

Agree you’ll definitely be getting a better service, can be frustrating at times when it freezes up etc, but it is what it is.

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 10:44 - Feb 16 with 908 viewsPrideOfTheEast

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 10:38 - Feb 16 by textbackup

Agree you’ll definitely be getting a better service, can be frustrating at times when it freezes up etc, but it is what it is.

Just pretty obvious that they need to make all games available to watch regardless of kick off time, or the country you're in. Crowds are higher than ever before and half of the country seems to have a dodgy stick.
FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 11:01 - Feb 16 with 851 viewstextbackup

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 10:44 - Feb 16 by PrideOfTheEast

Just pretty obvious that they need to make all games available to watch regardless of kick off time, or the country you're in. Crowds are higher than ever before and half of the country seems to have a dodgy stick.

So obvious isn’t it.

So many people I know have them.

Yet for every home/away game there’s a scramble for tickets. So many games sell out, away ends crazy, people will never lose the passion for wanting to be there.

FA Cup: TNT Sports agrees four-year deal to broadcast competition on 11:02 - Feb 16 with 851 viewsHelp

Or like me pay for no subscription to any and watch a lot less TV and do something less boring instead. Cue song for 70/80's TV show.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024